Monday, December 29, 2008

church

“Church isn’t where you meet. Church isn’t a building. Church is what you do. Church is who you are. Church is the human outworking of the person of Jesus Christ. Let’s not go to Church, let’s be the Church.” Bridget Willard

I wanted to mention, as we are really getting into this church search thing, if anyone wants to email me any info about their church, Sunday school, or children's ministry, you can reach me at shelley23@gmail.com (be sure and use that second E in Shelley..... a lot of people miss it!) I think it's kinda ironic that twice now I have seen a certain someone at Walmart that continues to extend his welcome at his church. Big smiles, and lots of fellowship is my kind of witnessing :) I know some are hesitant/resistant to leaving info here, so email if you'd like. I think we are getting some strong signals now about what we should do, but I love for people to give me as much background as they want on their "home" church.
I appreciate the continued prayers for my family as we embark on this together. Inconsistent worshipping isn't good for my house, and we are not settling for that anymore. It's been really exciting to finally accept that changes have to be made, and knowing we are making the right decision is pretty liberating!

5 comments:

Elaina Weaver December 29, 2008 at 8:23:00 PM CST  

I mentioned my home church to you in another comment, but I'll do it again. I love my church that much. It is called Journey Church. We are located in NLR and have homegroups in Bryant, Little Rock, & Sherwood. You can visit our website @ discoverjourneychurch.com However, I don't know if you are in my area, but if you are you should definitely visit Journey or if you know anyone who is my area and in need of a church home, send them our way. We love to see new people in our place Sunday mornings.

Ginger December 30, 2008 at 1:05:00 AM CST  

Hey, you are always welcome at Immanuel Baptist!!! I will be home Wednesday afternoon from my trip and will be glad to answer any questions about my church that you may have. Bro. Larry Wilkerson is our pastor and I really love his sermons. He preaches Jesus. Let me know if I can help in any way.

dean December 30, 2008 at 4:21:00 AM CST  

ummmm...

can't make a positive contribution here for ya. how sad is that??

well, unless you don't mind driving south for an hour and a half...

Lou Arnold December 31, 2008 at 9:35:00 AM CST  

Good luck on the whole church idea. I know you are burnt out on Journey, but thats my church. I will stick through it during tough times.

Immanuel Baptist also has great programs. I know a lot of people that are there. They are a wonderful children's ministry. Ashton does the preschool program on Wednesday night.

Keep looking and praying. Finding a home church is hard. God will lead you to the right one.

Shelley December 31, 2008 at 9:47:00 AM CST  

it isn't the tough times we are burnt out on. those are inevitable. it's much larger issues.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP