Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

thanksgiving08 061
We went to my parents' house for Thanksgiving. This is not something we usually do; typically we are at Mike's parents', but after nine years in a row there, I think it's my turn to go to my family's get together on the actual holiday instead of the day after. We are changing up our rut, and going to start alternating things. I don't know why I didn't do this from the get go.
thanksgiving08 065
It was a little cool at first, but quickly turned into a pretty day.
group11_4x6
Our annual group pic.... Yes, I know, I have on a tshirt..... but this is supposed to look natural, and this is as natural as we get!
all_grands_bw
my parents with all the grandkids
mykids_bw4x6
and then with just mine. (not pretending these look professional, by the way!)
Lance_family2
my one and only sibling; with his wife and daughter
thanksgiving08 016
and then.......my brilliant husband decides to go to the woods to hunt for a while before we go to Mrs. Melba's. This is where I had to park my car from and walk, because I couldn't drive any farther.
thanksgiving08 018
My dad took his jeep down to where Mike was stuck.... because even though Mike has a winch, it wouldn't work for some reason.
thanksgiving08 020
oops.
thanksgiving08 026
winching it out, and rolling the line back up.
thanksgiving08 032
We left there and headed to Mrs. Melba's for a big supper with friends and family.
We had a great day :)

4 comments:

Jaime November 28, 2008 at 11:26:00 AM CST  

I am glad you had a great Thanksgiving. We had a great time at my parents house. We played the Wii most of the day LOL

karen November 28, 2008 at 2:46:00 PM CST  

Sounds like a fun day even with the brief "stick in the mud".

Anonymous,  November 28, 2008 at 5:17:00 PM CST  

We try to do them all on different days,it can get crazy though!

Well K looks like she had fun even pulling the truck out!LOL

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP