Thursday, October 9, 2008

you know what?

I was thinking about some stuff this morning, and have decided to lay it out here.

I think everyone knows I have issues with grudges. I am WAAAAY better than I used to be, by far, but still need a lot of work. (I would be doing good if I was half the forgiving and forgetting type that my husband is, dang him!) I have ventured out in the last couple of years and made some apologies to some people via myspace. I wasn't really thinking that either one of them would accept. Well both did, and I see one pretty often and talk to her when I see her. It sure does make you feel good to know you did the right thing.

At the same time, I don't think you should necessarily "trust" anyone and everyone that keeps working their way back into your life. Forgiving is one thing, but knowing you always get the same ol' same ol' from some people isn't something I am interested in.

But anyway, I challenge you to:

  • Ask someone to forgive you today. Even if it is really small, or if it is really huge, or something that happened a looooong time ago
  • Tell three people what they mean to you, even if you feel stupid for it, and even if "they already know." Tell them anyway.
  • If you are comfortable about it, blog it, without names, and without identifying characteristics.

Hope this pushes you to create a blessing for yourself today. The three people challenge came about because of an email Ashlee H. sent me. She was my blessing a few days ago. Thanks, Ash.

4 comments:

Jenn October 9, 2008 at 2:23:00 PM CDT  

Awesome post Shelley.

Thank you for sharing this and for being so real...

Hope you are having a blessed day!

Giggles and Grins Clothing October 9, 2008 at 4:56:00 PM CDT  

I have a similar problem with holding grudges. I also have a HUGE problem with not forgetting the wrongs people have done to me in the past; some are just too big and the hurt was too long/drawn out to forget... but I had a person tell me once that the Bible teaches us to forgive and forget but no where does it say that we HAVE to put ourselves around the person who has wronged us. Since having that pointed out, I firmly believe in forgiving, forgetting, and moving on without that person.

Mindy October 9, 2008 at 11:36:00 PM CDT  

Man, I couldn't have said it any better than Jill.

ash October 10, 2008 at 2:52:00 PM CDT  

ok shelley i asked a friend to forgive me through a message on myspace cuz i didnt know how else to get a hold of her...i feel so much better now!!! THANKS!!! I will blog about this after she responds!!

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP