Thursday, October 9, 2008

the big three o

IMG_8777
OLD 023
October 10, 1978 is my birthday.....so, as of Friday, I am officially THIRTY. I am trying to stop whining about it, I really am. It is not something that I am too happy about, but as Ashley said, it beats the alternative.
OLD 027
I already did a post the other day covering a lot of the highlights of my 30 years, so I won't make this one lengthy. Just a few facts, how's that?
  • I was raised in Wilmar. Population 747.
  • My closest friends are people that have been close to me for many years. The longest running friendship that I have with anyone, where we have stayed consistently close, is Dana. We have been very good buddies for about 20 years.
  • My parents are still married. So are Dana's, Rosjuane's, and Blake's. I think that's pretty cool.
  • I have been with Michael since was 19.
  • I have had a ton of new cars in my spoiled little lifetime, and have to say I will always be a 4 wheel drive kind of girl.
  • I love my daddy more than most people could ever understand. We have been through lots of rough times, and endured it all. He is literally, truly, my hero.
  • I struggle with understanding a lot of stuff in the bible. I like that I can take those struggles, along with daily hardships, to my good friend Dean. His friendship is priceless to me.
  • I am hotheaded; yet quite a loving person.
  • I love babies. All sizes, all colors. It's pretty common to see me lugging around one of my friend's kids.

I am precisely where I want to be in my life. I have many things to be thankful for.
OLD 025
(Robin Namenek, Jamie Curtis, Me, Monica McKiever, & Angela Launius are in this pic)

Amber has made awesome plans for me on Friday night, including a lot of my friends, and Angela, Rosjuane, and Tiffany have planned a great, kid friendly party/cook out at Tiff's house for Saturday. I am looking forward to seeing everyone, and I appreciate it all a TON!
OLD 019
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11)

I am so blessed.

IMG_6952 copy1006

16 comments:

ash October 9, 2008 at 8:38:00 PM CDT  

so what are yall getting into friday....i have you a lil something....so i need to find you sometime this wkd!!!

Anonymous,  October 9, 2008 at 9:24:00 PM CDT  

Sounds like you have some fun stuff planned!!!Happy Birthday!

Anonymous,  October 9, 2008 at 9:26:00 PM CDT  

Oh and At least you dont LOOK 30.

karen October 9, 2008 at 10:33:00 PM CDT  

Fun post! I love the verse from Jeremiah...Karen Kingsbury uses it a lot in her books. 'Enjoy your whole BIG 3-0 Birthday weekend!

Sarah Albin October 9, 2008 at 11:01:00 PM CDT  

Don't worry, 30 isn't that bad. I really struggled when I turned 30 so I totally know how you feel. Once you make the step into your 30s you won't know the difference. Sounds like you have a great weekend planned. If I was closer, I'd invite myself to come along! :) Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

Jennifer October 10, 2008 at 12:03:00 AM CDT  

Well it's officially midnight on my clock so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! And you definetly don't look 30 or 20 for that matter...LOL! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Unknown October 10, 2008 at 5:58:00 AM CDT  

It is healthy to be able to honestly assess yourself.

I wish more people could be content with their lives. I see people who wish for what they don't have, missing the blessings God has already put into their lives. You have learned at a young age how to walk in contentment, which will bring much peach into your life. God Bless!

Unknown October 10, 2008 at 5:58:00 AM CDT  

sorry, peace, your the peach!

Michael October 10, 2008 at 6:56:00 AM CDT  

Happy Birthday!

I would call you an old fart but I'm trying to concede to your sensitive needs.

Blake October 10, 2008 at 7:13:00 AM CDT  

Happy Birthday and thanks for being such a wonderful friend! We love you!

Shelley October 10, 2008 at 7:57:00 AM CDT  

Anyone that's wants to join us at the River, come on! We will be there around 7!

jeremy October 10, 2008 at 11:19:00 AM CDT  

happy bday heather turns 29 today

Drea October 10, 2008 at 1:24:00 PM CDT  

awe happy birthday! I have 5 yrs til the 30.. but my hubbys already passed it :-) he will be 32 today.
You look beautiful tho and I would never think 30.

dean October 10, 2008 at 1:53:00 PM CDT  

oh shoot! i got mentioned by name and i'm SOO late posting here...SORRY! first day back on duty is always crazy.

anyway, from someone who's hit your milestone and two more besides, i just wanna tell ya ENJOY IT! thirty didn't bum me out at all. 40 on the other hand did for whatever reason. 50 was like, oh well, you can't stop em, so just enjoy em! soooo...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU SHELLEY!!

i'd tell you to have fun and be careful, but i've found the two to be mutually exclusive, so just take your pick :-)

Michele October 10, 2008 at 4:23:00 PM CDT  

Hi Shelley ~ Enjoy your birthday weeken! By the way, you do NOT look 30!

Happy Birthday!

Hugz,
Michele

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP