Wednesday, October 1, 2008

oops

one thing I left out, that people have asked me about is, the confirmation about where Mylee is.

We did not bring our 1 yr old mastiff with us to the new house. She is a VERY meddlesome dog, that tore up everything in her sight. She was more than a chore to return to the pen, that she very frequently broke out of. (and injured herself when doing so)
laborday 003
The people that bought our house, the Davis family, already had a bull mastiff, which is the smaller mastiff breed. They wanted a companion dog for her.

So there you go. After some talking and consideration, we gave Mylee to Jake and Melissa. Now their mastiff, Angel, has a friend, and my two dogs can be allowed out of the pen like they were before we got Mylee. I didn't like trapping my boys all the time just because she could not be trusted, so this is what's best for us. Mylee went to an excellent home, so we are all pleased. I know Mandy Moss will be oh so proud of me for making sure we had the "right" people picked out for the dog :)

One mastiff is enough for me!

1 comments:

Mandy October 1, 2008 at 9:09:00 AM CDT  

Not only proud for picking the right people, but super proud that you didn't do what a lot of people do and euthanize Mylee, dump her at a shelter, or dump her out in the country where she'd get hit by a car or starve to death. It's good to see people realize what they can and cannot handle and take responcibility for their own pets!

If you ever need help with stuff like that in the future, please feel free to give me a call! You know that's what I deal with all of the time with the fosters we get.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP