Friday, October 31, 2008

Getting More Anonymous

I know very well that you can't unring a bell...... but regardless, this blog is about to get way more anonymous on the names, details, and etc of a lot of aspects of my household. My kids will not be referred to by name anymore; we will be going with J and K only. (I know my Aunt W is loving this...because she hates me coughing up too much info here.) A friend and I were recently "creeped out" by some comments on our blogs, and that has pushed me to start saying less, at least in detail.

In a town our size, it would simply be too easy for someone to find my house, my kids, me, who knows what..... and although I am not a easily creeped out person, this troubles me.

So, if you notice less 'detail,' this is why.

Blame it on Creepy Creeperton, not me :)

4 comments:

Debbi October 31, 2008 at 5:42:00 PM CDT  

I've debated doing this - calling my kids by a different name. I think it's a good idea, but I want to do it if I ever start a whole new blog - like wordpress or something. I've played around with one there, but nothing I want to switch to yet, and I have so many people who already know this one. I try to be careful about naming the exact place we live too

I think you are doing a good thing!

Mom of these kids October 31, 2008 at 6:52:00 PM CDT  

I have been seriously thinking about making all of my stuff private soon. I can't stand to not be open and use names, but I don't want people googling my name and reading all about me. Just trying to figure out what exactly I am going to do before going private.

Anonymous,  October 31, 2008 at 7:24:00 PM CDT  

I started this originally when I first started the new blog,then I forget,it may be something I go back to.

ash November 1, 2008 at 12:19:00 AM CDT  

this is a good idea for everyone .... we all know eachother and should be able to figure out who and what we are tlaking about...but for the creepy poeple it would give them less info !!!! its ashame we have to be this way!!!

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP