Friday, October 31, 2008

I AM THIRTY

OK. so today it happened again.

I got asked, at MES, if I was "old enough to have that kid?"

I do think she meant well.

But it really gets on my nerves.

I am not a teenage mother. I was 21 when my first was born. Even if I was 15, I can't believe people word it that way, to ask if I was 'old enough.'

I realize I would rather look younger than I am than older than I am, but goodness. Sometimes it's offensive!
The other pet peeve is when people think my kids are my stepkids....since Mike is older than me (and some people know he was married before) and say (directly to Mike like I am not standing there) "your kids are so pretty." Helloooo people, say YALL'S kids! They are mine too! We have been married almost 10 years, keep up :)
(and for those that don't know this, NO, Mike has no children besides mine)
I don't know why people think I am so young. I don't feel like I look THAT young.

4 comments:

Piece of Cake October 31, 2008 at 3:35:00 PM CDT  

I get the same thing. Sometimes it takes people a little while before they'll get up enough nerve to say, "just how old are you anyway". Yes I look like I'm 15 and yes my daughter is as big as I am.

sinai October 31, 2008 at 4:52:00 PM CDT  

I know you think this is uncouth, but count your blessings for the later pages of life.

Shelley October 31, 2008 at 4:56:00 PM CDT  

oh well I don't mean that I want to look old, I just want people to have some tact!

Anonymous,  October 31, 2008 at 7:23:00 PM CDT  

Its because you are so tiny,but girl that isnt a bad thing!LOL

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP