Monday, July 21, 2008

Wig Girl with the Orange Tan.

Check out this link for the summary of what I watched on MTV last night.

It was about "compulsive shopping" addictions ruining these young girls' lives.

IT WAS PATHETIC!! Get a grip on reality. You should not be carrying your medicaid card in a FOUR HUNDRED DOLLAR purse! (She readily referred to her having medicaid, and how wrong it was that medicaid would not pay for her to go off to some treatment resort, it only paid for a regular therapist!) I think I should be one of those therapists. I would say, I am sorry, but you need to stop abusing your mother (that has MS), racking up her credit cards to over TEN grand so you can buy wigs and purses, and buy things you can afford. You do NOT have an illness, you just need a dose of reality.

People that call this an illness irritate me. Nope, sorry, cancer is an illness. Having 20 grand in credit card debt from $300 jeans and $500 dresses is pure stupidity, not "sickness" other than sick in the head.

The economy is bad for pretty much everyone, and no one wants to hear people cry about how broke they are all the time. Tighten up, get a budget, stick to it, and deal with it like everyone else. I sure didn't want to use my "stimulus" check on $1500 oral surgery either, but I did. Because that's life. Gas prices continue to soar. Groceries cost more than ever. And yet, we still have losers that milk the system and drain their families so they can buy more and more and more junk to fill their closets. I would've been ashamed to be on that show. We have all spent money on things that we shouldn't have. The real issue is whether you KEEP doing that, and keep letting others bail you out. Seems like people that age (on the show) all the way up to my own age have a lack of pride, and have no problem ruining credit, and asking for handouts. The ammount of people that file bankruptcy floors me. I know that there are times that there is no way around it, and I don't blame anyone for that, but I DO blame the people that know bankruptcy is coming and go "get a bunch of stuff" before they bail on their commitments.

9 comments:

Rosjuane July 21, 2008 at 11:30:00 AM CDT  

Oh my god I know just what you mean. I have this compulsive shopping problem sometimes....and then I just don't pay my bills. Ebay really does it for me, purses and shoes!!

LMAO just joking!! I shop at payless, the dollar store, walmart, ect... I don't own credit cards, and don't finance anything until something is paid off. I have seen what debt can do to you and those around you, and I won't have it in my house. If my marriage falls apart it won't be over money!!

Piece of Cake July 21, 2008 at 11:49:00 AM CDT  

OMG, you said it sister. And Rosjuane, I agree with you 100%. My husband and I treat money the same way. We don't have credit cards. If we want something we save up enough money until we can afford it. Key word being "AFFORD". I love to hear people brag about how much money they spend on some name brand item then later they're wining about how much gas cost. Go figure!

Michael July 21, 2008 at 3:36:00 PM CDT  

We don't have any credit cards either. It blows my mind how much money some people make or better yet have made,a lot more than I ever have in one year, yet they still "can't make it".

If I didn't have a small inkling of money management, I would have gone under already. Don't get me wrong it's not easy. You can't always have all you need for big blows.

We have more than what we need by far. But we have our essentials. There have been a lot of cut-backs on a lot of wants in the past 5 months especially. Some of those hurt but are necessary.

$300 for some jeans!? I could buy 10-20 pairs of jeans for that and be happy. That is not a disease, that is stupidity. Especially when they are milking the system at the same time and complaining about it.

Michael July 21, 2008 at 4:08:00 PM CDT  

Another thing, if you're an idiot, you're an idiot! People need to take responsibility for their own actions rather than pointing their fingers elsewhere.

I have to go smoke now so I can sue and live off of my "earnings". Afterwards, I'll buy a pair of $300 jeans and that purse Blake has been wanting for 6 years.... then after I have spent my "hard earned cash", I'll complain that I never made enough money cause of those "mean" people that run everything in this world!

And it will all be because I had a terrible child hood or that time I flipped my Ford Ranger and walked away. Or maybe it was the lead paint.....wait....no..... can't use lead paint anymore. Hmm...... I'll think of something. Rest assured it won't be my fault whatever it is.

Michael July 22, 2008 at 11:43:00 PM CDT  

Did I scare everyone off?

Sorry! :-)

Mandy July 23, 2008 at 7:13:00 AM CDT  

lol... while I do have some sympathy for those that just have too little income to survive in the current ridiculous economic climate, I do agree that A LOT of people's financial problems come from their own actions, no matter how much or little money they make. We've always lived on one income, something that most argue is impossible. Money management is KEY. We sacrifice certain things to have other things. We may swap a trip to Mazzio's with friends for me getting my hair cut. I mean, if you really are that hard up for cash, you just have to let things go. I didn't even know $300 jeans existed.. that's such a waste of money. I do like nice clothes, but ask me when the last time I paid full price for anything I wear was. lol

I have a different take on Credit cards. I don't see them as evil creatures living in your wallet. We do have credit cards. I regret that we were so poor when we were first married with Madison that we had to resort to them to feed our family. However, we made that decision consciously, choosing that over living on welfare. We felt we had put ourselves "in that situation" and we weren't depending on ANYONE to bail us out. Not our parents and certainly not the state of Arkansas. So, once clayton got on with the state, we began the process of digging out of a financial hole. And, surprise, we're still digging out of it. It's a MUCH smaller hole now, and I feel totally fine that we did that. For US it was the right choice at the time. We'll always have credit cards... if used responcibily they can boost your credit and come in handy for purchases that you can't afford right then, but need, and know you can pay off in a month or two. No biggie!

Mandy July 23, 2008 at 7:15:00 AM CDT  

Oh, forgot to add that this exact thing is one of the big reasons we won't be having more children. I know what kind of life I want my kids to have, and I don't think we can provide that to four kids.. even though emotionally I think I'll always long for one more. (then again, I'd probably always want "just one more." lol) Denying yourself EMOTIONAL pleasure is a huge reason ppl end up in very serious financial situations.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP