Saturday, July 19, 2008

the toy.

jeep Since I have been under the weather, I haven't had time to mention our newest toy. It's a 1985 CJ-7 jeep. It is in awesome condition. The worst thing about it is that my husband forgot to consult me about it, he just bought it. Good thing I like jeeps, huh... chances are pretty good that I have spent way more time in one than Michael ever has.

odometer
Check out that odometer.
jeepjeep
The seats are immaculate. No cracks or tears.
jeep
This thing brings back memories big time! My daddy owned a few jeeps when I was a kid (and owns one now, too, actually), and we spent TONS of time riding in the woods with my family, and my uncle James and aunt Wanda. I can remember thinking I was "going to fall out, it was going to flip over, we CANNOT drive through that"... and many other things my kids are thinking now, when we ride together.
Jeepin,' as my mother calls it, was a family tradition. I am glad we did those things when I was little.

2 comments:

Michael July 19, 2008 at 11:26:00 PM CDT  

When I pay mine off (about 30 more years-seems that way) we''ll take them both out and get them so bogged down we have to leave them there a few days before we can get them out with a skidder.


I have done that before with a Toyota (sorry dad)!!!

Drea July 20, 2008 at 12:31:00 PM CDT  

Very cool!! looks like fun. Jeeps are kinda sexy LOL for a car. I always think of good looking people riding in jeeps for some reason.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP