Wednesday, July 16, 2008

really quick update

Just wanted to say thanks for the calls, emails, and texts everyone has sent to check on me. The surgery had a complication, due to a root being in a nerve, and this has caused some major discomfort. He ended up leaving the root itself embedded in the nerve because of fear of permanent numbness or paralysis.

The recovery is not going as smoothly as I had hoped, because that side is WAY worse than the other, and hurts up past my ear, really badly. The bleeding is finally better this morning though. I didn't get to sleep until 3 am, so I am not a very pleasant person today. The pain medication is not working, but hopefully once this "bad" side begins to improve I will be able to rest.

Talk to my blog family later,
Shelley

9 comments:

Blake July 16, 2008 at 9:11:00 AM CDT  

Hope you get to feeling better soon...call me if you need anything.

karen July 16, 2008 at 9:31:00 AM CDT  

Praying for you as you go through your recovery. I was thinking you were doing it today so now I'm up to date on that. PS May you find joy on your anniversary even while you're not feeling your best...all you have to do is look at your wonderful anniversary blog to bring a smile to your heart & mind even if your face won't smile just yet.

Haley July 16, 2008 at 9:33:00 AM CDT  

Hope you get to feeling better!!!

Anonymous,  July 16, 2008 at 10:45:00 AM CDT  

Oh my goodness!!!!!

Hope the pain goes away really soon!!!!

Rosjuane July 16, 2008 at 11:49:00 AM CDT  

OH my goodness I'm comming over right now to take care of you. Oh wait no I'm not... but I would if you weren't in pain and foul. LOL!!

Sarah Albin July 16, 2008 at 11:55:00 AM CDT  

Oh, I totally feel for you. I still remember how horrible it was to get my wisdom teeth out. I didn't have the complications that you have so I can't even imagine how you are feeling. Hope you and Michael can celebrate your anniversary soon!

Anissa Jo July 16, 2008 at 1:56:00 PM CDT  

Hope you feel better quick!!!

Debbi July 16, 2008 at 3:18:00 PM CDT  

Hope you feel better soon and get some meds that work! Happy real anniversary today!

Mom of these kids July 16, 2008 at 9:09:00 PM CDT  

Sorry you are having such a rough go of it! I hope you get better soon!

Happy Anniversary!! There is something about 9 yrs I think. Seems like a lot of people I know are celebrating that number this year...including us! (and I have all those movie ticket stubs too! I forgot how cheap it was though...ah, the good ol days!)

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP