Thursday, July 17, 2008

another update

Today is comparible to day one. I am miserable. Two nights in a row now I have slept only a couple hours. The pain is horrendous. If I had it to do over, there is NO way I would.

The dr's office won't call in anything stronger. I am not happy about this because the only reason I got "weak" pain meds was because I REQUESTED them because I typically don't tolerate them well. Well, at this point, I don't have a choice, I NEED strong ones, whether they make me sick or not. If you know me, you KNOW I do not cry easily, and I have a high pain tolerance; well, this has brought me to tears twice now. Keep me in your prayers. Heading back to bed.

9 comments:

Jenny Sipes July 17, 2008 at 9:33:00 AM CDT  

Girl I know exactly how you feel...I had mine out just last year at THANKSGIVING...talk about the WRONG time to have it done....I didn't think I was going to live through the pain...You know I have always heard the older you are the worse it is when you have to get them out and man whoever came up with that is TOTALLY 100% right!!

Anyway I hope you get better soon and QUICKLY!

Debbi July 17, 2008 at 10:20:00 AM CDT  

I hope today goes fast and tomorrow is better! Get rest

Melinda July 17, 2008 at 11:02:00 AM CDT  

Hope you get to feeling better!!

kelly July 17, 2008 at 11:08:00 AM CDT  

I know that you can take 3 advil-ibuprofen and 2 tylenol together every 8 hours. They work together. That came from a dr. I hope that might help! Remember to drink plenty of fluids!!

bowling1 July 17, 2008 at 11:24:00 AM CDT  

I understand your pain. There is nothing MORE PAINFUL than a toothache whether it be from a tooth extraction or an impacted tooth. When we moved Kelly down to Crowley I was nursing an impacted tooth and NOTHING worked. I was taking Ibuprofen, Tylenol, Tylenol III, Vicodin, Darvocet..none of these worked. It was hard helping Kelly & Anthony get moved in and hurting at the same time.

Sometimes a hot damp washcloth helped and sometimes an icepack helped. I would give the pain until tomorrow a.m. and then call your local dentist and explain to him what is going on and see if he can prescribe something stronger.

GOOD LUCK!!!

karen July 17, 2008 at 5:51:00 PM CDT  

Dear Shelley, I'm very sorry to hear about the extreme pain you are in. I will pray right this moment that you will start feeling better soon. Even this shall pass...but obviously not fast enough!

Jaime July 18, 2008 at 8:04:00 AM CDT  

awwwwwwww I am sooo sorry...I hope you get well soon!

Anonymous,  July 18, 2008 at 9:57:00 AM CDT  

Dang!!Myabe I shouldnt get mine done?
How is today?

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP