Monday, June 23, 2008

June 23, 1978 - March 22, 1996

CGU
Today is Gage's birthday. He was killed in a farming accident. I was in Pine Bluff with my daddy at the time. It was during Spring Break. Most everyone that knows me knows the traumatic experience that losing him was for me. I am blessed with a husband that understands my attachment to his family, and that is priceless to me.
Please take this post as a wake up call, a reminder to tell those that you love, just how much you love them. Because you just may come home one day to find that they are gone. I had it happen, and you can, too.
Don't end a conversation with "I can't stand you."
Don't walk out of the house with "you make me sick" or "I hate you."
Don't let things go unsaid.
In true, great, loving memory of my first love, Colin Gage Usry.


7 comments:

Jenny Sipes June 23, 2008 at 12:43:00 PM CDT  

i don't even know what to say...Tragedies like these are terrible...I know just hearing you talk about it all that you are still devastated by what happened!! It is nice that you do still think about him and you haven't let the years take that away! Great post! Very memorable!

Blake June 23, 2008 at 12:45:00 PM CDT  

This should be a reminder for all of us not to take loved ones for granted. I am so sorry that you had to go thru this and I thank you for sharing it with the rest of us.

Debbi June 23, 2008 at 1:26:00 PM CDT  

thanks for the reminder, you are so right. I hope you get through the day today and know he is in a better place. ...also I read your other posts today - so funny, I didn't think offensive at all, funny.

Lee Ann June 23, 2008 at 2:48:00 PM CDT  

This should serve as a reminder for all of us to tell those we love that we love them while we have the chance. I lost a very dear classmate 6 months after we graduated high school. That was almost 28 years ago but the pain of losing him is still there. If only I had one more chance to tell him how much he meant to me. Thanks for reminding us that we should seize the moment while we have it.

ryan usry June 23, 2008 at 7:39:00 PM CDT  

I am very proud that you did this for GAGE, because it has been over twelve years, but i still think about him almost every day, THANKYOU......

Sarah Albin June 23, 2008 at 9:02:00 PM CDT  

I am sorry you had to go through this. I am not sure even what else to say. I know he is still in your heart and I am so happy that Michael understands.

karen June 24, 2008 at 10:13:00 PM CDT  

Shelley, what a wonderful tribute to Gage. May he always live in the hearts and minds of those that loved him. Michael is a special man for understanding how you feel. God bless, you and Gage's family as you celebrate & honor his life in your blog.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP