Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Shopping!

Since Dana recently informed me Old Navy is going out of business in Pine Bluff, she is now in the market for a new favorite jean's maker. Her mother in law got her kids a couple of little things there, and everything was 75% off. This doesn't really interest me, because I don't really like old navy except for tank tops and their cashmere sweaters they had this year. I do get the kids jeans there, sometimes, but Jordan pretty much hates their shirts because "everyone has that shirt Mommaaaa!!." So, this closing will not effect me. If you know me, you know I go to Monroe if I really want to shop. The Pine Bluff mall has not accomodated me in some time!

So, since Dana will be losing her easily accessed store, she is in the market for some post baby jeans. (Don't know why she wants more, since she is STILL a zero, within days of popping out kid #2) but anyway, maybe she is just wanting to buy something that is NOT maternity for a change! Long story short, she is thinking about trying some aeropostale jeans. Does anyone have a critique of those for her?

Or any other moderately priced pants she could try? My weakness is seven jeans, so I am a little out of the loop on most other brands. Any opinions would be appreciated, cause we are going SOON!

11 comments:

RADstitches January 15, 2008 at 4:20:00 PM CST  

I wear jeans from Aeropastale. I shop at the Monroe mall also! I hate the ones that have a lot of stretch! I also hate the ones that are wide legged.... bell bottom types. YUCK! Plus, I do not do skinny jeans.. the ones that tappered all the way down. I get the boot leg with the low rise and NO STRETCH! I LOVE them! If she is that little she will have a ton to choose from... also, those are usually the ones that you can find on the 90% off rack because NOBODY is that size! LOL IF she gets ones with stretch that fit.. tell her to try the size on that is one size smaller... if that is even possible! LOL They stretch out quick if they have too much in them!

Shelley January 15, 2008 at 4:32:00 PM CST  

I like my jeans that have stretch, but sometimes by the end of the day they look like they are too big...but they are comfy!
And I admit, I have skinny jeans too...they are good with knee boots and uggs!
I probably should go to jeans anonymous. I sold 15 pair on ebay last year and I bet there's still 30 pairs in there..yes, I know, I have issues...but I sell the old ones to finance my habit, so it balances out!

Mom of these kids January 15, 2008 at 5:15:00 PM CST  

I just looked on here to see if Robin comment b/c I knew she would have an answer to this question. I can't help you there...I have never even stepped my fat butt in that store!

Rosjuane January 15, 2008 at 6:18:00 PM CST  

I have 2 pairs of jeans from there. I love them!!

RADstitches January 15, 2008 at 6:21:00 PM CST  

Well, get me some Uggs next time we have a swap and I promise I will get me some SKINNY LEG jeans! You know me too well Maury!

K.T. is Mommatude January 15, 2008 at 7:28:00 PM CST  

yeah,I posted on Old Navy closing-is it all Old Navy stores that are closing?...the clerk there yesterday told us the spring merchandise would go to other stores,so I assumed that it was just that one.That is my main source for jeans as well-

My big ole booty doesnt fit into that stores clothing,so dunno.Sorry,I know that is absolutely no help at all.

Shelley January 15, 2008 at 7:43:00 PM CST  

nah, I wouldn't think they are all closing, I am sure it's just cause that crappy mall is dead.

Haley January 16, 2008 at 7:51:00 AM CST  

you need to tell her to go to yellow butterfly in mcgehee and try on their BoomBoom Jeans the fit is great and the are like $39.00 a pair which is not that bad. I just hope they have a size 0! Aeropastale is not a bad brand of clothing they hold up really well.

Laken January 16, 2008 at 8:30:00 AM CST  

When I was in high school , the ONLY jeans that I would wear were Aeropostale. I am bigger now, and they don't fit the same, but since she is so small I know they would accomodate her needs.

The Perry Family January 16, 2008 at 11:32:00 AM CST  

i sure couldn't tell you about aeropostle jeans b/c i too have not been skinny in quite some time and they didn't have aeropostles around here then. when i WAS skinny, i loved limited jeans...they are the best fitting things ever. now, that i'm big, i'm all about old navy jeans...and i too hated the pb mall, but their old navy was way better than any others i had been too. also, another great place i would shop if i were smaller is forever 21. they have great accessories that i buy, but would love their clothes if i were smaller. sigh!!

kelly January 16, 2008 at 1:41:00 PM CST  

I like Express. I use to wear Old Navy. You have to try their different styles and fits, but once you find the right one they are great!! I usually buy them on sale. They are usually like $50 or $60, but one sale they are like $30 or $40. They last forever and make them small enough!!!

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP