Friday, October 12, 2007

YIPPEEEE!!!!!!!!!!


I am now the proud owner of Nicholas Sparks' new book, The Choice, thanks to Jenny. I am really excited because I am too cheap to buy new books, I have to wait on them to be "old" so I can get them on ebay!
I am huge Sparks fan, although I never like how they slaughter his good love stories in movies. I love the BOOK The Notebook, but don't like the movie at all.
I am finished with Dead Man Walking and rented the movie to it. I watched half of it this morning. Being that the book is written in great detail, telling the entire true story, once again, the movie has too many things altered. I will ALWAYS choose the book over the movie, although I think the movie version of Runaway Jury is pretty good, although The Rainmaker was ruined, as Rosjuane and I were discussing yesterday.

5 comments:

Anonymous,  October 12, 2007 at 12:49:00 PM CDT  

since you mentioned "dead man walking" it reminded me of a book i read a number of years ago that i think you'd be interested in reading... "forgiving the dead man walking" by debbie morris. she was kidnapped, tortured and raped by robert lee willey (the man that sean penn's character was loosely based on in the movie). i might possibly still have it if you want to read it sometime.

Shelley October 12, 2007 at 1:06:00 PM CDT  

That would be great. I don't know why true crime interests me, but it does.
I did my high school term paper in 11th grade on the mob, and Joe Pistone. I did my 12th grade one on John Wayne Gacy, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Richard Kuklinksi.
I definately read more fiction than non fiction, but I like "real" stuff more.

K.T. is Mommatude October 12, 2007 at 3:18:00 PM CDT  

I love stories with continuations.I was really dissappointed with my recent read "Gone with the Wind."Well actually I wasnt dissappointed in the book ,but of course the movie.By the time I had read the book,I had seen the movie 147 times,I still love it,but I realized they had left vital information out.

Mom of these kids October 12, 2007 at 3:27:00 PM CDT  

I love Nicolas Sparks. I dumbly, had never even heard of him until this past March, my mother in law got me Dear John for my birthday, then I realized how many movies had been made based on his books....now I have been reading a lot of his books....I think I like them so much b/c they are real easy to read quickly.

Mandy October 18, 2007 at 9:37:00 AM CDT  

if you like true crime books please come raid our bookshelves. Clayton has a ton of crime books that I won't even open b/c the real pics give me nightmares. What is he? a cop or something? lol

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP