Thursday, March 8, 2007

Not my original thoughts

The below info is "stolen" from a friend's blog. His name is Ryan Thames. He and his girlfriend are both friends of mine. They are truly awesome people and Michael and I love them to death. Another friend of mine recently asked me about whether or not the DaVinci code made sense to me. I never watched it, due to it's religous nature being out of whack. Now, reading this old blog of Ryan's, I am glad I didn't waste my time on the book OR the movie. This post is quite the interesting read.

Here's his post, in it's entirety:****************************************
Why Jesus Wasnt Married!!

The Davinci code attempts to portrait Jesus As if he were married and that this was a huge secret that people were trying to hide all these years.

A woman tonight presented me with the question. "so what if jesus were married, whats wrong with that?"

I knew this was unscriptural and i knew that this goes against messianic prophesy of Christ, but i couldnt accuratly answer the question. Then i prayed and the lord led me to read 1 corinthians 7.

Here is my conclusion as to why Jesus wasnt married and whats wrong with it if he were.
First let me say that Corinthians was written by The Apostle Paul who was sent by Christ to preach the inspired word of God and was given the revelation of the new covanant between God and Man.

1Cor :1-2

1. Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
2. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

In order for Christ to be the messiah he is required by the law of God to be spotless. A sinless sacrifice, as a lamb without blemish. If he had one bit of spot it wouldve disqualified him from being that perfect sacrifice and there would be no hope for anymans salvation through his blood.


Verse 1 says that is is not good for man to touch a woman, isnt Jesus Good? If Jesus is pure goodness, which is required of the sacrifice then he cannot touch a woman in this manner.

Verse 2 says that we should marry to avoid fornication, because of mans lack of self control.
If Christ did not have self control, then he would not be God, he would not be sinless, thus disqualifying him from being god and/or that perfect sacrifice required for our salvation.

Paul later says in verse 8-9

8. I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I.
9. But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.

Could Christ not contain himself? In that he would require marriage? This would be fruit of the sin nature being prevelant within him. Something Christ because of his virgin birth has never known.

Paul said it is better to marry than to burn....christ wasnt burning....christ had absolute self control. Christ is God Christ is the savior and messiah. Which is evidence that he was not married.

Any man who would be willing to watch such a blasphemous movie or book should truley reevaluate his soul.

If you claim to be a christian, keep note that it would be impossible for you to be a christian had christ been married. Because it would indicate that christ wasnt who he said he is and his death would have meant nothing.

But in grace and mercy a loving a thrice holy God stepped down from his throne to provide a perfect and spotless lamb for you and i to celebrate eternal life.

Lets not insult such a loving God by taking part in such a blasphemous lie.
******************************************************************************

Ryan and Brittany have put on tournaments in Lousiana (armwrestling) known as Pull for Life, to earn money for a women's center. Arms for Christ is something Brittany and Ryan are passionate about, and it's a great organization. www.armrasslin.com

1 comments:

K.T. is Mommatude March 8, 2007 at 9:53:00 AM CST  

I have not watched that movie or read the book for those same reasons......I know that it is supposed to be a work of fiction...but there are some stories that just do not need to be told....I saw no sense in taking people religious beliefs,flipping them and making them entertainment.There are actually quite a few movies,that I wont dare watch for my regular "It goes somewhere that I dont want to go" reason.That is my perogative.He makes an excellent point...much applause.Great Post Shelly!!!


Thames,I know a Thames.....

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP