Sunday, May 3, 2009

Scott's pics. And a little more info.

My last post regarding wondering if people questioned where I was let me at least know I do have readers that actually like me. Sometimes I wonder about that. I will be honest and upfront that what I am about to say may offend. I really don't care. I considered backing off from blogging for a while due to a anonymous comment I got over at my photo site a few weeks ago. It stated that I favored my friend's son, (WHICH I DO) and that I was very obvious about that since there were more pics of him than other kids during baseball games. I clarified that the league doesn't pay me... I am there as a hobbyist. I do also sell the prints, but I also love the game. And I also love my friend's sons, so YES, I do take more of those boys. I pretty much let that tacky comment slide. BUT, now... I got another one. One that made me livid. So I stayed off the blog world for a bit while I let that steam go away. Now I will share it with you as well... I attended Special Olympics this year. (And previous years) My niece works with special needs adults, and I wanted to see how they did, and most of all, I went to see my friend KT's child compete. I have been friends with KT since I was in 8th grade. I have the utmost respect for KT because of her mothering. She was faced with a hard situation at a young age, and has thrived in that situation and brought up a "lovely" as she calls her, little girl. I took my camera out there in order to take some photos of Lovely K competing. While there I also took photos of some other children. When I posted those to my site, I made it clear that the pictures of SO were not for sale, and could be saved directly from the site. Someone, who shall remain nameless since they would not sign their name, let me know how rude I was to expect "them" to pay for their son's baseball photos, and yet I "give away" those olympics pics, which to them "implied their child's photos were not as important to her" as the SO kids. How dare I "charge some and not others? What kind of a business is this...." It made me CRAZY mad. I sell the baseball and softball pics for a DOLLAR. One stinking dollar. I am not even going to say anything else about that.... before I end up on this soapbox all night!
benjamin
(my Benjamin Cole...playing while I did his brother's sr shoot, had to sneak that one in here!)
So onto the next chapter, I did round one of SR pics for Scott today. The weather has been nasty, so we will have to do more later, but here are a few. (And sometime soon I will post pics of his benefit tourney I played in on Saturday!)
scott5scott4scott2scott

15 comments:

ashley May 3, 2009 at 7:48:00 PM CDT  

LOVE THEM! LOVE THEM! LOVE THEM! Thanks again for braving the nasty weather to do these. You did GREAT as always! Scott is such a cutie - I can say that because there is no genetics there! Oh wait, Cole is such a cutie to and there is genetics there. Oh well, I am just blessed to have beautiful children at my house!!!

Jenny Sipes May 3, 2009 at 9:27:00 PM CDT  

Shelley,

I hate that you are dealing with people that are adults but yet act so childish. What you do with your time and your friends, is YOUR business only. If people want pictures of THEIR kids, I am sure all they have to is ASK. You are NOT a picky person when it comes to photography. It sickens me that there are people out there that can't be satisfied with anything. They don't realize that this is YOUR JOB!! This is your part of paying your bills and helping out with finances! My only advice to you is to "LET IT GO" and don't let people like that bother you or get under your skin. Kill em' with kindness and go on.

You do a great job and you have awesome talent! That is all you need to worry about. You have a wonderful family and group of very supportive friends!

Sorry to write so much but it seems as though you are always the target of someone's childish act, and I hate that for you! Hope things start looking up for you soon!

dean May 3, 2009 at 11:06:00 PM CDT  

sounds like somebody needs to read the parable of the workers (matt. 20:1-16), repent and then apologize to you...

Unknown May 4, 2009 at 5:38:00 AM CDT  

That was me that deleted the last post. I wanted to correct something.

I would bet (thought I don't gamble, ha ha) the person that commented does the same thing to others as well. Some people thrive on conflict and negativity, or some just don't see they hurt others.

Be careful you don't play it over and over in your head. That is a trick the enemy will try to use to discourage you, and you do have a great talent with a camera.

I have such a burden for Pastors and the comments they deal with.

Move on and do what you do best to bless others!

The Perry Family May 4, 2009 at 8:37:00 AM CDT  

i can't believe he is already a senior! wild. these are great as usual and don't worry about what others are saying...they are just jealous they can't take pics that good. haha

Anonymous,  May 4, 2009 at 12:55:00 PM CDT  

I am just floored.Speechless...dont even know what to say




but I can say this...A dollar? I would certainly pay a dollar for every single pic you ever took.


Wow,just wow.

Piece of Cake May 4, 2009 at 1:03:00 PM CDT  

I think all bloggers have had to deal with this at some time or another. It's easy for people to say "just don't let it bother you" but we both know how hard that is. I'm not sure what drives these anon commenters but I do know that one of the reasons why I like facebook so much is that you don't have to deal with that crap. Keep doing what you do girl. What goes around, comes around, and they'll get theirs one way or the other.

Jill B May 4, 2009 at 2:53:00 PM CDT  

This is my thoughts on the subject....

To WHOEVER this person is....

Shelley is an EXCELLENT photographer! IF my child had a ball game and I invited Shelley to come watch her, and she just happened to bring her camera, I'm sure that the majority of the pics she took would be of my child SINCE I INVITED HER!!!!

Shelley has ALWAYS treated me fairly. I know that when I have Allie's pictures taken that I'm getting her 100% attention and that she's not off in left field thinking about blah blah blah when she's taking my child's pictures.

So what if she charges ONE stinkin DOLLAR for pics of kids during softball games but chooses to GIVE AWAY pictures of SPECIAL OLYMPIC games. These children and their families are already dealt a harder hand to play so WHY NOT give a little more?!?

Shelley is a great person and should not be granted the grief that you have placed upon her! We all have trials in life without people placing more on us. I'm lucky enough to have Shelley help me though a tough time in my life and I'll stand by Shelley anytime she needs me!

One more thing.... IF someone chooses to blast another person BUT LACK THE BALLS POST THEIR NAME... That tells the value that person places on their own thoughts!!!!! Scared to sign it? Well then DON'T right it!!!

Jaime May 4, 2009 at 5:30:00 PM CDT  

Well said Jill!!! Shelley is an awesome person inside and out. You are doing the right thing Shelley don't let anyone tell you any different.
Love ya girl.

Jill B May 4, 2009 at 5:44:00 PM CDT  

Just to add that My Mom, Glenda, gets tired of reading that people are dogging Shelley. Shelley has been nothing but GREAT to our family and seeing someone hurt someone who has been so good to you gets really old really quick! Especially when that person is too chicken to show their name!!! Ok... here I go again!!!!! Girl, I'm going to take over your soap box if I'm not careful!!!!!

bowling1 May 5, 2009 at 10:11:00 AM CDT  

Shelley,

Don't let those comments get to you (easier said than done). It is small people who get off by blasting others and it is even smaller people who do it and don't have the guts to let you know who they are.

I think if they have an issue with you it should be between that person and you...don't post it on your blog.

Maybe they should help out during next years Special Olympic games...

Darlene May 6, 2009 at 3:08:00 PM CDT  

Easier said than done, I know, but I hope you will pay no attention to the nasties. Lately the world is full of people who want to regulate everything. Can't say this cause it will offend someone, can't do that cause it will offend someone.

My friends and I love you posts so I hope you never stop.

God bless!

Rebecca J May 7, 2009 at 11:53:00 PM CDT  

Man Shelly,

These are fantastic. What a talent you are.

Mandy May 13, 2009 at 2:03:00 PM CDT  

I love the shots from the night game... that lighting just looks amazing! PERFECT!

I've had my fair share of nasty annon. commenters and it does hurt. Especially b/c I can't help but wonder if it is someone that I actually know... I do take those things to heart. I personally think that when we're Christians we do have a softer shell, and a softer heart. You have to to love others as Christ loves us. This opens us up, however, to being hurt by others.

It also hurts me b/c I know I would never do something like that to someone. I've participated in many lively debates and heated topics, but my name is always right there with my comment, and I always try to keep it nonpersonal.. it is sad that so many find it so easy to throw around hateful and hurtful words.

You do incredible work. You have a lovely family. You have a lot that others envy and this probably drives a lot of the negativity. Jealously is a really horrible thing... it can turn ppl really ugly.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP