Monday, April 6, 2009

Our Sunday

BAPTISMAPRIL5th2009 032 copy It's official. J's a member of Immanuel Baptist Church, and couldn't be more excited about her newly attained salvation. She thinks it is reallllly funny that Mr. Steve is now her brother. That's her favorite part to re-tell, I believe. She took the day very seriously though, and I am still very proud of my baby.
BAPTISMAPRIL5th2009 021

BAPTISMAPRIL5th2009 024

BAPTISMAPRIL5th2009 012
I took several of her receiving "the right hand of Christian fellowship" but if you know my child, you know that's not going to work. She had to get hugs instead of handshakes. (She loves Mr. Howard, can you tell?)
BAPTISMAPRIL5th2009 054
And for those that pray for my daddy diligently, every time I ask, I thought I would throw this in; here is the man you speak of, is in the photo below, and what a blessing it was for me to have him there, for more than one reason. I also was thankful that she had all 4 grandparents, my brother, my aunt Wanda and Uncle James, and her Miss Blake. (And also Aunt Cleo but she is always there! That's her home church)
BAPTISMAPRIL5th2009 061 copy
I thought my heart would blow up.

9 comments:

dean April 6, 2009 at 8:16:00 AM CDT  

hey, no blowing-up hearts... that sort of thing is rough on the custodial staff.

what an incredible day that must have been! especially for your dad to be able to be there and see that!

also, a bit off topic, i've preached at immanuel before, and i don't remember that baptistry artwork... did they have it re-done? me likey...

dean April 6, 2009 at 8:18:00 AM CDT  

on further review... i think i see shadows on the paneling... that's from a projector, isn't it. renew my dork card for another year...

AJ Huffman April 6, 2009 at 8:56:00 AM CDT  

So proud of her, and glad to have her as my sister in Christ. Been enjoying ya'll coming to IBC.

And btw, that is an awesome picture, one you'll treasure for a long time to come.

Sugar-n-Spice April 6, 2009 at 12:39:00 PM CDT  

praise god from whom all blessings flow.....

i'm thrilled for j and her life with christ!

ash April 6, 2009 at 12:59:00 PM CDT  

what an awesome day...so proud of jordan....and i know you were so glad ur family was there to support her...as she was getting ready to walk up the steps she said im so nervous my unle lance drove all the way from little rock to come here ...

dean... that was from our projector but i love how it turned out...

Laken April 6, 2009 at 2:38:00 PM CDT  

Oh... I love this post! Especially the picture of J and your dad. Precious! I know she was so proud to have all of her family there!

Sarah Albin April 7, 2009 at 8:20:00 PM CDT  

Congrats to Jordan. How exciting for you all.

Mom of these kids April 12, 2009 at 2:57:00 PM CDT  

Awesome. And that photo of her baptism is priceless.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP