Saturday, March 14, 2009

no time.

Am I the only person that feels like you have no time at home with your entire family? I mean, I get a ton of time with my kids, but it seems like there's practically no time that all four of us are here, and actually have a minute to do "NOTHING" instead of hurrying to have dinner, take baths, clean up, and start all over. Pretty much, we get Sunday afternoon, and that's it. I am basically sequestered to my house on Sunday afternoon... I avoid the phone, and I don't make plans if at all possible. I even bail out on kid birthday parties and things of that nature a lot of the time; and honestly don't care if people think that I am tacky for it. Michael works until a minimum of 6... typically a little later, sometimes a lot later, 5 days a week. He works until 3 on Saturdays... or later. That's the way things go with car sales. If you have a customer, you stay. So, when he is here, we try and stay together, and actually spend some time reconnecting. We are the board game family... My kids are horrible losers. But we do it anyway. We are also ready for 4 wheeler weather. We ride a lot when it's warm. We actually went last weekend; and headed down the the long sandbar at the river. The water was up, so we were limited on where we could go. My kids like to go shoot the pistol and run around in the woods. We are pretty low maintanence on entertainment :) Am I the only one that feels like you are CONSTANTLY running and never seeing anyone, all at the same time?

5 comments:

Jennifer March 14, 2009 at 1:54:00 PM CDT  

Am I the only one that feels like I have too much time with my kids?! LOl! I bet you know where I'm coming from Shelley!

It seems like there's never enough time in the day that's not cleaning, cooking, or going to the store or ball practices!

Anonymous,  March 14, 2009 at 3:32:00 PM CDT  

That is EXACTLY how we feel.I remember those car sales days and can I say,I dont miss it.When Jamie sold cars,the kids were very young and it was dark before he got home,he was beat and ready to eat and go to bed.IT SUCKED.Thats just my opinion though,and we had to do what we had to do.We were thankful for the opportunities that were presented before us but it was hard on us as a family.

We arent even in any activites,yet,this year and it feels like we run run run.And yet never do anything all at the same time.

Tracie Jones March 14, 2009 at 8:34:00 PM CDT  

My dad has sold cars all my life. So I know exactly how you feel.

Now we don't have that life style but I was so thankful for my first Saturday in months I had nothing that I had to go to. I slept late, took a shower and did nothing else other than cook dinner. It has been awesome! I wish every Saturday could be like this. However with 2 kids playing ball this year it won't happen again for a very long time.

Giggles and Grins Clothing March 15, 2009 at 1:56:00 PM CDT  

Oh honey do I know what you mean!!!! I leave for work at 5:30am and Greg and Allie are leaving for "the Daddy Gym" at the same time. After I get off from the hospital, I go to the store and finish out the day making me get home around 6:45 or 7. Sometimes Greg has supper ready, sometimes he doesn't. So it's cook, eat, bathe, sleep and start over the next morning!

Plus, Monday starts my call week meaning that I'll be working late at the hospital and whenever an emergency surgery needs to be done after hours.

Saturdays I work at the store, unless it's my call Saturday and call weeks mean I can't do church either because IF I get called out, I have nothing to do with the kiddo...

Then throw in the illness factor that my family is plagued with and wanting/needing to spend as much time with Papa as absolutely possible...

WHEW!!!!!!!!!

Me The Q March 15, 2009 at 8:26:00 PM CDT  

It's not just you. I feel like that all the time. If I am with my son, usually my husband isn't here and vice versa. It seems like we are rarely home together, and when we are, other people are always making requests/demands on "our" time.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP