Monday, December 1, 2008

offensive posts.

So I got a lot of flack about this post. I have read it, and re-read it, several times. I have also read over my comment I added. I in no way see where that could've been seen as offensive, but if it rubbed you the wrong way, it wasn't intentional.

I was also told, "Are someone's efforts weakened and their years of dedication and work made void because even though they tried their mightiest, their marriage failed before they passed the decade mark? Are you less of a wife or mother if your marriage fails? Was that ten years wasted? divorced wives would beg to differ..."

I don't see my pride in having a solid marriage being a blow to someone who has gotten divorced. Sometimes I feel like there is NOTHING I can say without someone picking it apart and getting offended. If you make your blog about deeper things; real stuff, real issues, there's going to be disagreements in thinking. I am aware of that, and have the utmost respect for other's opinions. There's all kinds of touchy subjects that are approached on blogs daily; such as organic food, breast feeding, working moms, stay at home moms, church beliefs, politics, and etc etc etc. When I read that a mom believes wholly in delaying, or not giving their child vaccines, I don't take that as a direct blow to me since I DID vaccinate. When I read the benefits of breast feeding, I don't feel like a loser mom for not doing it; because I know in my case, it wasn't best. I can seperate myself from that stuff without getting hurt by it. Stay at home moms get called lazy, working moms get called bad mothers; that's just life. Someone will always disagree with some aspect of your thinking. I have friends that voted for Obama, and could care less that they did! (And have had lengthy, civil conversations about it with some) I am glad that at least some of the people have been willing to contact me, but I know that some haven't. Guess that's ok too. Sometimes, I wonder if blogging is even worth it. Someone is ALWAYS mad or offended, and that's never been what I was going for. Not at all :(

10 comments:

Anonymous,  December 1, 2008 at 6:00:00 PM CST  

I have been thinking about this alot lately.Not specifically marriage and family but by the fact that if you(me,or whomever) ever speaks out about our own personal belief systems then we are thought judgemental(recently I was told as much).So I guess technically that would make everyone judgemental to some extent or another,I think.People will always have differing opinions and I dont see anything wrong with that-

Shelley December 1, 2008 at 6:21:00 PM CST  

my point exactly.

quite frustrating.

I am blunt, but I am not condenscending, or tactless.

Michael December 1, 2008 at 7:22:00 PM CST  

Interesting that people will find something to gripe about in the smallest things.

I had many good conversations and blogs during the elections. I'm sure there are people who are irritated about my presidential choice. I'm also sure if I've lost a friend or acquaintance over it I didn't need them anyway.

In the past, I often payed a lot more attention to what people thought. One day I realized, there is absolutely no way to please everyone.

Be you, everything else will work out. If you look around and some people are not there which once were, maybe they were meant to be gone!

Anissa Jo December 2, 2008 at 9:25:00 AM CST  

I just wouldn't worry about it - write what you want - ignore the comments that offend you! I figure that person just really needed to get that off their chest - cause your one statement about your marriage wasn't even what the post was about - or so I thought.

Piece of Cake December 2, 2008 at 9:47:00 AM CST  

Your blog is your way to vent. I think people use the comment section to vent also. Some people have a difficult time dealing with the guilt that comes with some of the choices they make such as divorce or staying-at-home or not breast feeding. This guilt causes some to be very defensive about their choices whether they realize it or not. I think they read into some of your blog entries things that just aren't there. They jump at the chance to defend their choices without even realizing that no one was even attacking them.

The Perry Family December 2, 2008 at 10:34:00 AM CST  

people need to chill..first of all, this is YOUR blog to say and put on here what YOU want to. secondly, i don't see at all (as i reread it just now and the comments) where someone would have gotten offended by that? :)

dean December 2, 2008 at 11:27:00 AM CST  

i dunno about people sometimes. they read something somebody writes (in your case, you wrote about YOU and what makes life good for YOU) and they read all sorts of things about themselves into it. guilty consciences perhaps?

Jenn December 3, 2008 at 10:24:00 PM CST  

Amen!

I agree with Piece of Cake...totally spot on!!!

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP