Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I found it ironic that

while lurking on the blog of an adoptive mother, I saw this verse on a comment:

"From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another." John 1:16

You see, it's ironic because...."Blessing" is a synonym...for K____ A____ F____ on her mom's blog. And after K_____, came more blessings....in the form of foster babies.

Sometimes God throws stuff in my path so I can do nothing else but trip over it, and let it sink in as I dust myself off.


Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart, But in it. ~unknown

PS) Don't make the mistake of asking B___ F____ which babies are homemade and which ones are chosen. She just might hurt your feelings :)

3 comments:

Anonymous,  December 31, 2008 at 1:56:00 AM CST  

They are blessed indeed.

Lou Arnold December 31, 2008 at 9:31:00 AM CST  

Great Post. Blessing looks so happy and content here. It is a wonderful sight to see her.

Sugar-n-Spice December 31, 2008 at 10:36:00 AM CST  

how did i miss this till now? oh, how sweet.

it was only natural to choose Blessing as her blog name. i was referring to her so often as my blessing. i often call her that in real life, too. yes, other blessings have followed, and each one is special and a joy. but there really is something magical about Blessing. maybe it's how far she's come. or maybe it's just that smile and joyful way of her's. she'll be the one that cares for us when we are old and gray, the one that will still be bringing us blessings abundant.

thanks for this. such an encouragement and a reminder of what really matters.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP