Thursday, December 11, 2008

I am, quite honestly

SICK of cancer.

Here's yet another example of someone that is about to began another round with cancer. Along with Caro, who may be better known to some of my readers as Adelyn or Sam's momma, my friend Jill's dad is suffering setbacks in his fight with cancer. I got a text from her today saying that Mr. Gene's recent fever is caused by peripheral tumors, which are small but deep ones. They are talking to MDA hospital about a new course of chemo. He may be back to square one in needing a stem cell transplant there. The survival rate is 15%. If I know Jill, I can guarantee you, she won't accept that. Please be in strong and faithful prayer that My dad, Carolyn and Mr. Gene will be healed from this wretched disease.


And on a brighter note....Miss Reagan Brooke is officially to a point where her Mom can hold her, and her head ultrasound showed NO BRAIN BLEEDS!!!!

4 comments:

Giggles and Grins Clothing December 11, 2008 at 3:36:00 PM CST  

Shelley - thanks so much for posting about Dad! He taught at Drew Central for YEARS before having to retire from a back injury and then the leukemia he had 9 years ago. I still hear "Mr. Andrews was my favorite teacher" all over town! You know I'll keep you updated on what's going on with him and I'll continue to pray for Sam's mom and Mr. Robert every day!!!

Jenn December 11, 2008 at 10:59:00 PM CST  

I hate the c word too...have lost a couple of very close loved ones to it...hard thing.

I've been praying...

jenn

dean December 12, 2008 at 7:48:00 AM CST  

it's tough on families... so long and drawn out. my last trip to monticello was to bury a friend and former co-worker from the Home who finally succumbed to cancer.

we'll be praying for these...

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP