Monday, November 3, 2008

TV

Do you have one of these as your provider for satellite tv? I wish I could get an all inclusive pkg and have tv and internet together, but I can't, other than with regular cable. I want to have the option of some movie channels, but with cable, I would have to get "boxes" for every room (digital) and that is $$ per room charge, and I don't want to deal with it. We got a box now, for only one room, so we could get pay per view, but everytime I look to see what's on, lets just say there's never anything family friendly.....



If you use one of these providers, and you have time, tell me what pkg you have, what it includes (in a nutshell) and whether or not you like it. I know one perk to cable is that mine never goes out, regardless of weather. There can be a typhoon outside and it never even blinks. I know that isn't so with satellite, but what are other pros and cons?
If I get satellite, and drop cable, then they (my local cable provider) will charge me more for my internet. (Pkg deals are cheaper of course, regardless of where you go) So it would have to really be worth it to consider it at all.

7 comments:

Mindy November 3, 2008 at 4:52:00 PM CST  

Do you guys have TDS phone service where you live?
We have all of ours in a bundle with high speed internet(3mb), top 100 channels, and phone for $120 a month.

Mindy November 3, 2008 at 4:52:00 PM CST  

Oh yeah and its dish network.

Melissa November 3, 2008 at 5:27:00 PM CST  

we used to have dish network and we ended up paying more for it than cable. We switched back to cable. In order for the kids to be able to watch certain channels they had to have a receiver. So we would've ended up w/ 5 receivers in our house. Now we just have 2 boxes from our cable. The kids also have cable in their rooms but don't have digital cable. I also have a friend who has directv and if she didn't live out in the country she would have cable too.

ash November 3, 2008 at 5:31:00 PM CST  

We have dish with all channels, movies and the sports package too! it includes our internet, phone line 4 boxes two with dvr and wireless internet...124.00 a month!!

Cassie Burke November 4, 2008 at 12:20:00 AM CST  

We have directv and it's great...We have just about everything for about 100 a month.I think at&t does bundles with dish,phone,net,and cell if you prefer...Could save some money.

Anonymous,  November 4, 2008 at 8:16:00 AM CST  

Jamie was an installer for DTV in the early years of our marriage,I was displeased with service even then.We paid for the movie packages but they showed the same movies over and over again.

I know nothing about their service now,mainly because with all of our kiddos having televisions of their own that would get kind of steep with the receivers and such.

The Perry Family November 4, 2008 at 9:24:00 AM CST  

We have had Directv for 8 years and can not wait to get it again when we FINALLY get in our house (whenever that will be)...my in laws have dish network and i have to say that the only positive to it is that you can have one receiver for two rooms...otherwise, the customer service sucks, the reception sucks, the technicians they send out sucks and there is always an issue!! with directv, we never had any issues what so ever and when you needed to call in, they were super friendly and eager to please. we had the biggest package you could have and it was like 110 a month. i know that probably sounds excessive...but we are tv folks and of course i had two dvr's (one for living room, one for bedroom)

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP