Monday, November 3, 2008

school line

Everyday I sit in the school line for what seems like an eternity, waiting on K, and then I have to go to the other school and get J. There are a lot of irritating issues that occur there daily. There's those people that park in the handicapped spaces that don't have handicapped tags/doorhanger thingys on their mirrors....... there's those people that drive in front of us all (after we sit there and wait for 40 mins) and get at the top of the circle and grab their kids and go like the "get in line" rule doesn't apply to them. And, there's the chainsmokers that smoke in the line that smoke me out to the point that I can't leave my windows rolled down or my vehicle will smell like a bar. Ugh. But anyway, fairly often, a certain police officer will crack down on them, and today, guess who showed up?

He also made people get out of the NO PARKING AREAS that are at the top of the drive. I LOVE IT. (Please do not leave comments identifying this officer or any vehicle's owners by name)
I know I shouldn't let this stuff get on my nerves, but when I do what they ask you to do at the beginning of the year, which is get in line and wait, instead of park, get out, walk through traffic and slow down all the cars, I DO enjoy it when others are made to follow the rules, if only for one day.


4 comments:

Anonymous,  November 3, 2008 at 4:55:00 PM CST  

We have gotten out and walked through traffic before but usually because our IEPs are scheduled around the end of the day.I can imagine its frustrating.

Tracie Jones November 3, 2008 at 5:34:00 PM CST  

Glad someone is now showing up. I hate it in the morning too. If you can't wait then get up earlier and get in line. Someone is going to get hurt!

Shelley November 3, 2008 at 5:55:00 PM CST  

KT, I know there are always exceptions to that rule, and I understand that totally. What is really a pain about the "walkers" are the ones that don't hold their kids' hands, and they run between cars and scare us all. It makes me paranoid!

dean November 4, 2008 at 1:00:00 AM CST  

wow... i can just imagine what people must have thought of me whenever i'd show up at 2:45 to pick up kids for appointments!

or what they must have thought whenever i'd hang out next to a certain big black SUV and shoot the breeze 3 or 4 times a week :-)

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP