Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Proverbs 12.....

Ok, so yesterday........ I have this anonymous friend.......whose name rhymes with Drake Durns....that kept throwing verses at me. I think she was trying to tell me something...... but anyway, I could not, for the life of me, think what verse it was that she was drilling on me all day when I tried to today. But I knew it was in Proverbs 12. So once I dug into my bible, I ran up on all these, which I thought were worth sharing. For those that don't know me, I typically rely on a NKJV/Message paralell bible. These are direct from the Message version:
13 The gossip of bad people gets them in trouble;
the conversation of good people keeps them out of it.

14 Well-spoken words bring satisfaction;
well-done work has its own reward.

15 Fools are headstrong and do what they like;
wise people take advice.

16 Fools have short fuses and explode all too quickly;
the prudent quietly shrug off insults.

17 Truthful witness by a good person clears the air,
but liars lay down a smoke screen of deceit.

18 Rash language cuts and maims,
but there is healing in the words of the wise.

19 Truth lasts;
lies are here today, gone tomorrow.

20 Evil scheming distorts the schemer;
peace-planning brings joy to the planner.

21 No evil can overwhelm a good person,
but the wicked have their hands full of it.

22 God can't stomach liars;
he loves the company of those who keep their word.

23 Prudent people don't flaunt their knowledge;
talkative fools broadcast their silliness.

24 The diligent find freedom in their work;
the lazy are oppressed by work.

25 Worry weighs us down;
a cheerful word picks us up.

26 A good person survives misfortune,
but a wicked life invites disaster.

27 A lazy life is an empty life,
but "early to rise" gets the job done.

28 Good men and women travel right into life;
sin's detours take you straight to hell.
So do any of those speak to YOU?

1 comments:

Blake November 19, 2008 at 4:04:00 PM CST  

LOL...I wonder who your friend is? I can't for the life of me figure it out!

It was Proverbs 12:14 that I was trying to teach you about. Another interpretation of it is..."Your reward depends on what you say and do; you will get what you deserve."

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP