Monday, November 17, 2008

my child, the writer

jesus
My oldest kid has written in a diary since she was old enough to spell. This is one of the reasons that I am okay with getting her a computer for Christmas; because she wants to create word documents.
Every once in a while, I dig through her notebooks and see what my child is focusing on (and often worrying about) at the moment. She is really emotional, and likes to "vent" through writing, whether she realizes it or not.
Sometimes, I find stuff like the entry that's posted above, which is a parent's dream.... to know that all the talking and drilling we do IS sinking in. YAY!
(now, no one mention mom is reading her stuff if you see her..... it literally says DAD KEEP OUT on the front..... but I guess she doesn't suspect mom is a snooper, too!)

6 comments:

Cassie Burke November 17, 2008 at 6:01:00 PM CST  

That is so very awesome!!! Brought tears to my eyes!

Ali November 17, 2008 at 6:31:00 PM CST  

That diary entry made my day! I can't get over how stinkin' cute it is!

Jennifer November 17, 2008 at 6:46:00 PM CST  

That is so sweet! It is great that she is making such interpretations!! Keep up the good work Mom and Dad!

Mandy November 18, 2008 at 10:32:00 AM CST  

Oh that is so sweet!!

I love that you're encouraging her to keep writing. I always kept a diary and was a writer my ENTIRE life. I never dreamed I'd grow up to make money doing it... but you may have a future career writer on your hands, too!

Jenny November 18, 2008 at 9:54:00 PM CST  

I linked over from Simple. Congrats for being in the top 6... you seem to be VERY worthy!

I just love this post! Oh, that they get it... that's all we, as parents, can hope for!

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP