Wednesday, November 26, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

“Give thanks unto the Lord for He is good!” (1 Chronicles 16:24)

I am thankful for so many things. It's so easy to take them for granted, especially these days when it can seem like there's so much too fear, so much that needs fixing, so much tragedy in our town. Most of my day is spent focusing on what's next to be done, what problem needs to be solved, what challenge I want to take on.

I am thankful to be alive and in good health. I am thankful for my family. I am thankful for my friends. I am thankful for chemotherapy, and even more thankful for my daddy's lack of need for it at the moment.

I am thankful to be living in a country where we can still enjoy the freedoms we have, even though that includes the electing of what I consider a very bad choice for an American leader. I am thankful for the education I received within the public school system. I am thankful for my upbringing. I am thankful that we haven't destroyed the world yet. I am thankful that most of us want to make the world a better place.

I am thankful that I can trust that everything will work out for the good and that all mean people will be exposed in due time.

I am thankful for kissing my children good night. Hugging a dear friend hello. These are the types of memories to cherish and be thankful for.

I am thankful that I can trust my savior with everything in my life. I can pour out my heart to Him without Him sharing it with anyone..... I can trust that He will give me comfort and peace in times of distress....

0 comments:

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP