Monday, October 20, 2008

the weekend

kids 001
We had a pretty wild weekend around here, but it was fun. Friday night we went to Laynes (I just cannot get used to saying Village Steakhouse) and had a great meal. My mom had called and asked for my kids (YAAAAAY) and therefore that meant I also didn't have to deal with them Saturday while I took pics of literally 14 kids. I had an awesome turnout for the fall special. What I didn't plan on, was that Arkansas State armwrestling tournament was also on the 18th! So, I missed my husband winning it..... But, I have seen him win a lot of them, so he wasn't mad or anything. I do hate that I missed all the photo op's, too. Our good friends at Team Louisiana didn't make it, so that made it easier for me to get over, too, because I don't like to miss out on visiting with Brittany when I can :)
Anyway, the above photo was taken from upstairs, which overlooks the living room. As you can see from the pattern on the floor, and from the pic below, this house is a lot like living in a sunroom. I have had all the windows open and this weather is great. The entire backside has a ton of windows, so we can really bring the outside in. It's also good for the ol' houseplants :)
kids 037kids 035

kids 010
Jordan is posing with my money tree. Rosjuane is convinced it's some form of marijuana. (I will let her know if anyone smokes it, so we will know for sure)
kids 008
Karsyn is sitting in her daddy's lap in this one. My kids are both such daddy's girls it's crazy. As you can see in the top picture, it's getting kind of hard for them to fit in the chair.
kids 017 copykids 021
Lastly, Jordan has been making excellent strides in her reading at school. She was the first kid in third grade to get to the second and third reading levels. (and LOVED hearing her name on the intercom) She is soooo pumped about being a "super reader" and this necklace might as well be made of platinum, she is so proud of it.
I am glad our schools encourage them with incentives like this. She is also loving GT on Mondays. I am not sure it's really called GT, since she says it is to prepare them for "real" GT later, but anyway, that's what we call it here. They are teaching them to play chess, and she cannot wait to beat her daddy. (Cause mom doesn't have a clue how to play!)
Karsyn is doing really well too, and I am so glad she doesn't hate school anymore. We did a nature ride on the 4 wheelers yesterday and picked leaves for them to do leaf rubbings with crayons. Karsyn couldn't wait to take hers to school and show her teacher.

5 comments:

Mindy October 20, 2008 at 4:50:00 PM CDT  

Man, I'm loving all of those windows.
Glad to hear the girls are doing so well with their school.

Jennifer October 20, 2008 at 5:04:00 PM CDT  

Yep, I think they need to convert to a love seat or the couch..lol! Great job to Jordan! That is neat..it's funny how simple incentives can be sooo rewarding to children! They should do stuff like that more often!

Anonymous,  October 20, 2008 at 7:50:00 PM CDT  

Thats awesome for Jordan!!!
I know you are loving all that natural light,I remember you saying you wanted a house that had lots of natural light.

The fall setup was cool,I think the christmas one will be awesome too!

Laken October 21, 2008 at 1:57:00 PM CDT  

What a beautiful home!! I know you are so proud to have smart little kiddos!

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP