Thursday, October 23, 2008

we are going

It's official.

We are going to Fireproof tonight!

1663 Marriages Have Been Ignited By FIREPROOF. Here are some of the reviews that are found at the above link:

Survivor of a FirePosted on October 22, 2008
My husband of more than 25 years and I went to see this movie recently. Our marriage has survived a major fire and it is only through the grace of God that we are still together. God has given my husband the strength to ask for forgiveness from Him as well as from me. With God's help, I chose to forgive my husband. Our marriage is more wonderful today than it has ever been and we both know that this is because of God's grace and unconditional love for each and every one of us. We have both grown through our relationship with God and we continue to grow each day. God is truly awesome and He still reigns today. Thank you so much for this movie and for the impact that it has had on our marriage. I will soon be purchasing The Love Dare book.

Ed (Florida)Posted on October 22, 2008
I am separated. I saw FIREPROOF twice. I am doing The Love Dare for my wife. This movie touched a very deep place. I am trying to rescue my marriage from a fire I started. I am also working to improve myself. I have become closer to the Lord. He has enlightened me about all my wrong doings. I have hurt my wife in so many different ways that I don't know if I can repair it. But this movie has not only given me hope for my marriage but for me to become a good person and closer to the Lord. Thank you.

SaraPosted on October 22, 2008
My husband and I were headed towards getting a divorce after 10 years of marriage. We decided to go see this movie. I cried, and I can say that I was truly changed in my heart for the better concerning my husband through this movie. My husband also said to me that if we had not gone to see this movie we would be getting a divorce right now. I thank God for this movie and for everyone who was involved in the making of this movie. Thank you all for being obedient to God. It's so important, because the director said that he wondered why God wanted him to make a movie about marriage. He had his heart set on making a movie about something else, but then He obeyed God. This movie is truly from the throne room of God and truly a tool that I believe God is using to raise His standard of what marriage is, especially in America.

AlisonPosted on October 22, 2008
I took my husband to see the movie and I cried the whole time. I saw my husband and myself on the movie screen the entire time. I don't want to live that way anymore. I am purchasing the book andtaking the 40 day challenge to discover the real meaning of God, Marriage, and Unconditional Love. I hope I will fireproof my marriage with my husband's help.

ReginaPosted on October 22, 2008
What a powerful and right-on-time movie when we are living in stressful times where marriages and relationships are suffering. God is truly doing a "new thing" in getting His message across for what we need in this hour by any means necessary. This is truly a must-see movie for all.

StevePosted on October 22, 2008
I am a Christian, but this movie put my marriage and my short-comings in my face. While I was stomping my feet to get what I wanted, someone like our good doctor friend in the movie was wooing my wife with his charm because I was too selfish to woo her with my charm. Just like Catherine in the movie, my wife is a beautiful woman who just wanted me to love her instead of other things like cars or work or money or lusting after other women. It was great how the movie pointed out that looking but not touching is not ok because it takes you further away from your partner. It makes you think things that are not true. You justify your own improper wants and actions and that further harms your relationship. A friend of mine brought my wife and I to this movie with two other couples and I almot left when it started because it was us on the screen. The director really hit some nerves, and if my wife wasn't there I would have cried, but I choked back the tears. I'm secretly doing The Love Dare now to try and help our marriage. We were separated for 6 months ten years ago. I said "I'm not leaving my wife and two sons," but that's about all I did. I think this movie has shown me what to do next and I'm going to try it. Thanks.

StacyPosted on October 22, 2008
I'm not married. I'm just 14, but the movie really had a great impact on me, too. I loved it, and I think that the church and the actors really did a good job. I hope you all continue to make movies and continue to work for God. May God bless you. I love you guys. You're so cool!

ThomasPosted on October 22, 2008
This is a great movie. I have seen it twice now, and I highly recommend it to everyone. I have had marriage problems in the past, plus addictions that were not fair to my wife. This movie really helped me see things more from my wife's point of view. God has such an awesome power when you let Him in. May God bless the makers of FIREPROOF.

I'm not perfect, eitherPosted on October 22, 2008
This movie was so incredible. I saw it with my husband and bought The Love Dare book. We all think it is the other person that has faults, but all of us do, and this opened up my eyes. Each person in a relationship needs to know what the other needs, but we don't know how to communicate that. No one is perfect. We are all human beings, and God knows that. I saw this movie three times, first with my husband, and then with friends. Each time I saw it, it said something new and enlightened me in areas of my life that I need to improve. It is quite simple-- do something nice for the other person every day without letting the other person know. Also, never say "I do this or that for you." I have also learned years ago to do something nice for someone in my family without letting them know. With the demands of four children and going through the teen years and young-adult years, I have learned that the ones that are the hardest to love need it the most. I have done so much for my struggling young-adult children without letting them know. At times they had a puzzled look on their face, like "why does she do that?" It is easy. It's for God's glory!

TatianaPosted on October 22, 2008
FIREPROOF is the most amazing movie my fiance and I have ever seen. It once again proved to me that God has a plan for our lives and that only we could live this love story together with our growing Christian values and continual faith in God. I can't wait to become his wife through not a contract but a convenant through God. God bless all marriages on this earth!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  October 23, 2008 at 2:24:00 PM CDT  

I havent heard of it before but it sounds really interesting!!

Jennifer October 23, 2008 at 3:38:00 PM CDT  

Now I know how you are about movies, so you have to be sure to post your opinion of it too!!

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP