Friday, August 22, 2008

oh no.

Blake and I spent the day shopping.

On the way back, we stopped by the jewelry store to pick up a ring of hers, and visited with Jeremy for a few minutes. We left there and went to the pet store to talk to Mr. Whipple about a subject I am not going to even begin to discuss at the moment, but anyway, when we got there, we were totally shocked by what we saw.

The pet store is closing. (the one in the Village in Star City. Most everything is 50% off)

I am so mad.

The increasing cost of supplies and freight has caught up with them, and they are no longer able to stay in business. He talked to me about some of the differences, and for example, his bird feed went from $16 to $40. (They also now charge him shipping, and before gas prices went up, he paid NONE)

I am sad to see them have to close their family business. They are great people and my family like them all a lot. He is looking into trying to get a position related to drafting, because that is what his education is in. I hope it will all work out great for his family.

As for Jeremy......I think he didn't tell me on purpose.....or maybe it's because he has a hard time getting a word in edgewise with me.....

3 comments:

The Perry Family August 22, 2008 at 3:11:00 PM CDT  

We went up there last weekend and found that out. That is the only place we have ever bought any fish and we bought a cat there one time too! I'm sad to see them go as well. He tried to sell it to my sister in law! :)

jeremy August 22, 2008 at 10:08:00 PM CDT  

oops, I ca'nt believe I forgot to tell you that. I was gonna call you last week when I first found out but it just slipped my mind, I still ca'nt believe it myself actually.

Mom of these kids August 22, 2008 at 10:34:00 PM CDT  

That makes me really sad. We used to go in there all the time. We watched his young son grow up into a handsome young man, that I see when we go to the fish place. I remember when we started going in there, he was so young, climbing on that stool to get our fish and he was so shy. Then he got older, and his younger brother started doing it... I am sad to see it go. Such nice people!

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP