Monday, August 11, 2008

Nights in Rodanthe

Nicholas Sparks book, Nights in Rodanthe, is probably one of my favorite books that he has written. I will say up front, that I am not a big fan of his. They are just pretty elementary to me, and the story lines are predictable. I do read them all, especially if I am reading poolside or somewhere that I know I can't "really" concentrate. I just finished Dear John. It's about as corny as it gets, and becomes very very easy to figure out at the end. That is just soooo boring to me.

I am excited to check out this movie, but also admit, I probably won't like it. I am probably the only person I know that hates the movie to The Notebook. The Notebook movie destroyed an awesome storyline, and I hate it when they do that. They turned a sweet, good girl character into something she wasn't portrayed as in the book itself. They RUINED the love scene. But I am also a big believer in the fact that you can rarely make a movie that's as good as the book. Grisham books turned into movies are just about the only ones I like, but that's probably because he is soooo picky that they not mess up his idea of what his characters are, unlike Sparks. (Like in A Walk to Remember.... that book, and that movie, are NOT alike)

But anyway, I am looking forward to seeing it regardless. It will probably be the quality of a USA movie like most of the Sparks' books movies are, but we'll see.....

4 comments:

Rosjuane August 11, 2008 at 12:10:00 PM CDT  

I'm excited too. I hate John Grisham movies. They suck. They start at least halfway thru the books. A time to Kill has been the only one that was any good, but the Rainmaker was horrible!!

Shelley August 11, 2008 at 12:11:00 PM CDT  

ha, that's because Grisham books have too much depth to cram into two hours. I do think they realistically portray the stories. Runaway Jury is just like the book, down to a lot of the actual text.

Blake August 11, 2008 at 12:56:00 PM CDT  

I want to see it, too!

I see a girls night out in our future...

Unknown August 11, 2008 at 1:51:00 PM CDT  

I just got done reading "At First Sight" by Sparks. I was not a fan at ALL. It was so sad and depressing. I loved reading The Notebook. I like the movie (only because I saw the movie first, then read the book.)

After "At First Sight" I refuse to pick up a book of his unless I am desperate. I think he's lost his touch. His first books were good and the newer releases just don't cut it.

Janet Evanovich on the other hand... :D

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP