Thursday, July 3, 2008

the party

We are having a small party for our league team tonight, in order to present them all with their first place trophies. Tiffany made cupcakes for us. I have to go to town later and pick those up, and run by the church and make sure it isn't a sauna in there.

We are just doing cupcakes and drinks, because we already had their "real" party but had also decided to order these special trophies since we went undefeated, and the league doesn't buy them trophies like they did when I was a kid and played. Not sure why not.... I am not a believer in "participation trophies" of any kind. I think it takes away from the thrill of actually winning one. Yes, I know they are kids, but learning to lose, and knowing you lost, is all part of the game.

So anyway, that's going to be at 7:30, at Journey.

Friday, Mike is off work, but I doubt we will do anything. We have saved as much money as possible for our vacation next week, so I don't want to get into that cash for the 4th. He was really disappointed that there's no fireworks at the lake this year. He is a fireworks lover like no one I have ever seen. There are going to be some at the racetrack, but we never go out there. I am 90% sure my kids would have no interest in it. But if you are into racing, I do suggest you go, the Chapman's are great people, and have an awesome set up out there.

Saturday we will be packing up for our trip to Orange Beach. We will leave sometime Sunday morning, and be back Friday night. I absolutely cannot wait. There's a pretty good chance of rain the whole time we are there, but typically it moves in and out, so I am not that concerned about it. We will make our typical day trip to Destin while we are there, and go to Gulfarium and Joe's Crab Shack. Other than that, we usually do one Dolphin Cruise, and then spend the rest of the time on the beach doing nothing. My kids are still young enough to be pacified with sand and waves, and I plan to enjoy it as long as I can. I bought two new books, and plan on doing some reading and laying out. I am a cabana lover.

If anyone wants to volunteer to feed and water my dogs, that would be great, hint hint.....

3 comments:

Blake July 3, 2008 at 11:05:00 AM CDT  

I'll take care of them...as long as Rufus doesn't try to eat me instead of his food...lol

Anonymous,  July 3, 2008 at 11:19:00 AM CDT  

He and Nathan(Tami's husband) should get together,Nathan is a big fan too!!T told me that there will be a show in Crossett as well...

I want to see the trophies,are they big ones?

We are not big racers either,although I think a couple of my kids might like it,for a few minutes,they wouldnt sit there long.And then you have me,I am kinda whiny right now...LOL


We arent going to be able to get to FL this year,surprise,surprise but I already miss it.SO have a good time for me too.;);)

RADstitches July 3, 2008 at 2:10:00 PM CDT  

Yep, First National Bank always puts on a huge show!! I think it starts about 9:15ish and is over BY 9:30ish!

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP