Saturday, June 14, 2008

the new phone

Is officially boxed up and ready to send back.

I ordered another motorola V9, which is what I have been using for about a year.

I am sending the other one back because contrary to what two AT&T people at "611" told me, you cannot connect via wifi if you don't have a data package. I am not paying another thirty bucks a month for that, since I don't need it in the least. I am home all day, every day, if I need internet access, I can go in the living room! The qwerty keyboard was not for me, and the buttons were too small in my opinion. It's pretty frustrating to get customer service reps that don't know their products. I know they are new phones, but still.... When Mike sold phones for 12 years, I can't tell you how many times he had to tell the CS people what was wrong, and to correct them. I am glad he is out of that industry. It kept him too stressed out.

So anyway, I am getting another one just like my old one!

And, we woke up this morning to rain and lightning, which will make playing ball all day really hard! Don't know what the day will bring, but it isn't looking too good.

3 comments:

dean June 14, 2008 at 9:24:00 AM CDT  

shelley... dontcha know that they are more like sales people spouting the company line than they are customer service reps? were they at least in-country? not to be ethnically prejudiced... i'm as far from that as anyone can get... but i've gotten more bad info from CS reps in places like pakistan and india than i care to recall (just in general, not talking at&t or cingular in particular). i just think the cultural differences and the nuances of the english language make good communication with non-american CS reps a little too dicey. no doubt the reason why companies like Dell charge extra for being able to contact US-based customer service.

anyway, sorry 'bout your crummy experience with your new phone. despite the weather and all, i hope father's day weekend ends up special for you guys...

Anonymous,  June 14, 2008 at 12:30:00 PM CDT  

I agree totally, Dean. I am always talking to India people about my HP, cell phone, Ipod, just about anything. Well, I don't really talk to em, cuz I can't understand a blooming thing with my hearing problems, but I try. Before I give up, though, and tell them nevermind, I always ask where they are from, just from curiosity. India, India, India.

Btw, shelley....what's a blogline? U mean my post, or my other blog that's pink? Go check them and may sure I haven't screwed them up, too, pleeeaaase. In the meantime, I'm gonna change my Elphie post to white or green, in case that's what u are talking about. And what's a page rank? I was wondering if I rank 'this one sucks' or not...

Michael June 16, 2008 at 9:41:00 AM CDT  

I know exactly what you mean about customer service. Our satellite went out last night and I was on the phone with a guy in Manila, Phillipines for an hour.

I am about to the point of telling Dish Network where to go and how to get there in my usual style and grace!

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP