Friday, June 13, 2008

FATHER'S DAY WEEKEND.

Jordan, 3 lbs
As Father's Day weekend is rolling around, I thought it would be a good time for a post like this. I went through old pics and picked out some of my favorites of Michael from our ten years together, 8 of them as parents. Above, he is pictured with Jordan. She was 3 lbs, 11 weeks premature, and so tiny. I don't think he could see that. He just saw his precious baby girl. And with that baby girl's birth came my realization that my husband has more confidence and peace in his prayer life than anyone I know. I think that's why I love and respect TJ Files like I do. He has that prayer warrior gene, too. Daddies that pray are the best gifts we can give our kids.

Karsyn & Daddy
Here he is with Karsyn. She was 9 weeks premature. We could not hold her much at all. When we COULD, it was for 15 mins at a time. Unlike most dad's I know, he didn't freak out at their small sizes, or call them "breakable," instead, we fought over who held her 8 mins and who held her 7. He is such a blessing. Such a strong, great, blessing.

PISTOL 066
He teaches them daily things; the big stuff, the little stuff, and everything in between. He lacks in the discipline department, but he overdoes it on love and nurturing. It makes me crazy when he lets them get away with stuff, but it makes me melt when they still meet him at the door squealing like he's been gone for a week, EVERY day. Must be doing something right.
Mike & Maverick
He is the caring, compassionate person everyone loves to know. He has the patience of Job, more than one person has told me. He's got a weakness for animals, and babies, like no one I have ever seen. He loves Jagger and Jackson so much you'd think they were his. If I only have one of the boys here when he gets home, he makes me go get the other one, too.
IMG_5943
etc 054
etc 047
jagger 001 copy
07scans
outtakes2
We have so many fun, goofy memories chronicled in photos. I am glad I don't have that husband that runs from the camera. I have that husband that acts like a dork. And I love that dork :)
SUNSET PICS 066
I am so very happy to say that my kids have been blessed with a man for their father that I can truly say I am glad they can look up to.
4Wheeler 047
He's forgetful. On a CRAZY, get-on-your-nerves level. He has flaws, just like I do. But his flaws aren't that bad..... You take the good with the bad! I hope everyone has a GREAT father's day weekend. And as for MY daddy, he is doing pretty well. He made it to Jordan's game last night, and had a good time.
swing 072
etc 009
Call your daddy. Tell them you love them. I know I will. I am blessed to have TWO great daddy's in my life, my own, and Michael.

9 comments:

Anonymous,  June 13, 2008 at 10:31:00 AM CDT  

What a beautiful job! How sweet ya'll are.

Blake June 13, 2008 at 10:34:00 AM CDT  

What a GREAT post! Happy Father's Day to Michael and Pop!

K.T. is Mommatude June 13, 2008 at 12:01:00 PM CDT  

Wishing a very happy Fathers day to them both!!!

Anissa Jo June 13, 2008 at 1:06:00 PM CDT  

Great post Shelley!
Happy Father's Day to both your dad & your husband!
Glad to her your dad made it to the ballgame ~ that is an answered prayer!!!

Jennifer June 13, 2008 at 4:05:00 PM CDT  

awww how sweet!! I knew he would always be a good daddy! It just took him awhile to get started..lol! He had to find the right person to have children by and you are it!! I'm glad he found you and joined you in our family! I have always been close to my Uncle Michael! I love ya'll!!!

Sarah Albin June 13, 2008 at 6:52:00 PM CDT  

What a great bunch pictures! Happy Fathers Day to Mike and your Daddy!

karen June 13, 2008 at 9:12:00 PM CDT  

That's a beautiful tribute to Michael as Daddy to your two precious daughters. You are all blessed! Happy Father's Day to Michael and your Daddy!!

Lou Arnold June 14, 2008 at 9:01:00 AM CDT  

Great post. I love the picture of the girls hanging onto his biceps.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP