Monday, January 7, 2008

not typical

I have established that I am not your typical chick.

I hated the movie, "The Notebook." The book is pretty good, but the movie destroys the already remedial & elementary story line. I feel the same way about "PS, I love you." It's pathetic.

I have accepted that the good guy doesn't always get the girl, and only watching movies where he does, sets you up for disappointment.

Guess that makes me a realist. Or a pessimist?

I don't really think so. I am a big believer in, "can't never could." If you believe you are not smart enough, you're not. If you believe you are not able, you're not. If you never try, you never will. And if you don't change the situation you are in, whose fault is that?

Consistent negativity makes me crazy. So does drama. I don't watch soap operas and I never have. Probably because my own life entertains me enough. There's always something going on.

I am someone that uses their caller id. If I am spending time with my family, or at the table, you can bet, I am not going to get it. And if it isn't right beside me, I won't even know who called, because I have no curiosity about who it was; I just know I am not getting it.

I guess I am self, no I would say family centered. I pretty much only absorb what goes on in my house, with my kids, and my husband. The rest pretty much rolls off my back.

My new year will not consist of stressing about stuff I cannot change, or does not pertain to me.

7 comments:

Blake January 7, 2008 at 10:06:00 AM CST  

I totally agree with you on this...I am "family centered" as well. I would so much rather spend some quality time alone with Michael than go out with several other couples any time.

Jenny Sipes January 7, 2008 at 10:08:00 AM CST  

WELL SAID! I AM A HOME BODY AND LIKE TO HANG WITH MY FAMILY TOO...AND I AM TRYING TO LET THE PETTY THINGS "ROLL OFF MY BACK"...TAKES MUCH PRACTICE THOUGH...

Mindy January 7, 2008 at 11:09:00 AM CST  

I certainly understand where you are coming from. When its family time, I could care less who is calling my phone. I have a big problem with just letting stupid things rolling off of my back and I am trying to get better at this.

K.T. is Mommatude January 7, 2008 at 2:18:00 PM CST  

I am such a homebody that I have been labeled a recluse....LOL,we dont have caller ID,but I am notorious for not answering the home phone....LOL.

I did something similar to this on my myspace a few days ago,I erased some of it because people thought,for some odd reason,that I was being pissy...LOL.Your not a pessimist,just honest and there is certainly nothing wrong with that.:D

Rosjuane January 7, 2008 at 3:51:00 PM CST  

I think you are just plain ol PAIN IN THE BACKSIDE!! LOL!!

dean January 8, 2008 at 4:24:00 AM CST  

well heck shelley... you've taken all the fun stuff out of the new year before it even got started!

actually it sounds more like a prescription for a sane 2008.

speaking of "typical," watch this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b13rc6DY74A

Anonymous,  January 8, 2008 at 9:15:00 AM CST  

What a great way to start a new year off. It is hard not to stress over what people think. Just be you Shelley, that is what I like about you. You are who you are and nobody can change that.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP