Sunday, January 27, 2008

bored.

We played around with the camera a little today, since we were bored. These are done with no flash, not even fill flash, so the iso is too high....but we had fun with them anyway.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This is an example of OVER smoothing...but the grain was terrible.... regardless, they weren't to print, they were to play, and we had a good time. Getting catchlights on brown eyes is harder than any other eye color. I was shocked I got any at all. I just need to learn to duplicate catchlights when using flash...... I hate flash "pin lights". Those little "dots" in the eyes you get from flash. All the glimmer you see in their eyes is from the light/window reflecting.
I need to practice more, so I can work on Jackson's next portraits soon. I rarely do anything indoors, and it shows!

5 comments:

Jaime January 27, 2008 at 3:10:00 PM CST  

SHELLEY....LOVE THESE!!! Awesome job. I love the first 2. You did great with the lighting. I don't think you give yourself enough credit. You are an awesome photographer. You need to do studio more often. These are great!

dean January 27, 2008 at 3:31:00 PM CST  

well, i can (and will) shower you with accolades, but quite frankly i wouldnt know a catch light from a catch phrase. but you got high praise from another photographer, so that outha tell yousomething right there. for what it's worth, the pics look great! (btw, i'm in the middle of a comment on "forever questioning".. it's probably going to end up longer than an average post though...)

Rosjuane January 27, 2008 at 10:07:00 PM CST  

These are good!! I love the first one except for I wish Karsyn was smiling. That would make it printable and framable!!

karen January 29, 2008 at 12:37:00 AM CST  

Sweet pictures of your precious little ones! What fun to have these to look at in the future as well as now! Little treasures of today!

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP