Tuesday, December 11, 2007

karsyn's prayers.....

My kids have a lengthy bedtime routine with their dad every night. They drag it out as long as they can, 'one more drink' and etc......
This ends with him praying with each one, in their own beds, one at a time. These are often really long, but always genuine although sometimes comical when you hear what my kids may be thankful for, or who they want to get well and etc.
My girls are also expected to do the prayer at suppertime.
If you are very hungry, you don't want it to be Karsyn's turn on this little nightly rotation. She is waaaaaay too indepth.
And, she ends it with:
AMENT.
Yep, with a t on the end.
It makes Jordan crazy that she does this. Tonight, I just had to ask, do you do that just to get on Jordan's nerves?
She answers me in a "I am offended tone" in a hearty NO!
I said why do you do it then?
"Cause I mean it, Momma, you know? A-meant?"
What a goofball.

5 comments:

Rosjuane December 11, 2007 at 8:51:00 PM CST  

That is the cutest thing I've ever heard!!!!!

K.T. is Mommatude December 11, 2007 at 9:11:00 PM CST  

That is too cute!!She meant it,Momma.

RADstitches December 11, 2007 at 9:24:00 PM CST  

I love to hear little kids say their prayers! When Avery was very small instead of AMEN she said CAME-IN! She was just repeating what she THOUGHT she heard her papaw say.. he prays so low and fast that who knows really what he is saying! LOL

dean December 11, 2007 at 11:19:00 PM CST  

i miss a whole lotta things about being at the little girls cottage, but saying bedtime prayers with them (8 girls, 8 bedrooms, 8 individual prayers!) is what i miss the very most. even though many of our kids come out of horrific situations, almost every one of my girls would pray for people that may be worse off than they were.

for awhile we had high school girls in our cottage too, because the other girls cottages were full, and we had one young lady who, when she said the mealtime blessing, would pray that God would remove any bacteria or germs that would make us sick. i guess she didnt trust mr. dean's cooking so much....

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP