Monday, November 5, 2007

9-11

By posting this, I am in no way implying that I agree with it. I am though, mesmerized by this (young) persons video.

I watched a story on A&E last night on conspiracy theories related to 9-11. One by one, they had various experts discount the "theories" that ranged from inside people planting bombs in the towers, that the heat of the fire could not have melted structural steel, to saying it was imploded intentionally by the US.

The speakers that were "counteracting" these ideas, so to speak, were professionals in each related field. (Such as, someone that implodes buildings for a living explained the bursts of smoke from each floor before the collapsing part got there)

They all stated that they in no way agreed with this documentary.

I would normally not watch anything along these lines. I personally do not like Rosie O'Donnell for her stand on this subject, because she has continually expressed her opinion in an obnoxious, uneducated way.

You can believe hundreds of engineers, scientists, lawyers, journalists, and government officials who aren’t buying into this. Or you can believe the press, and the immoral regime that it sometimes supports. Believe whoever or whatever you like, because sadly enough, whatever we think won't change what happened.

The best option however, is to read and educate yourself about it all. If this issue concerns you, study it. Look at all sides. Ask questions, however disturbing they may be. Then you won’t need to listen to someone like Bill O'Reilly or Rosie to tell you what to think. But at the same time, don't trust all you read on google either.... It's not like anyone regulates what is called "fact" online.

I am an avid reader of current events. I prefer newspapers to tv news. But, I also know, from my digging into the West Memphis Three trials, that newspapers in North Arkansas frequently printed outright lies. Unsubstantiated lies. So, I still take it with a grain of salt when I see or hear something. So should you.

There's pretty much only one book currently in print that I believe every word of. Any guess on what that is?

0 comments:

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP