Monday, October 8, 2007

oh wow

I am getting old.

And I don't like it. Although it's better than the alternative..... Mark Tucker made me feel good at church Sunday when he told me I look 16 and was shocked when I told him my real age. Which will be 29 in a mere 48 hours....

So much has changed in the last 10 years......

In 1997-beginning of 1998

  • I had just graduated high school
  • Thought college was unecessary for me
  • Had a terrible excuse for a boyfriend, which I eventually got enough of
  • Figured I would get married by 20 or so
  • Planned to have two kids, a boy and a girl of course
  • Wanted to live ANYWHERE but Arkansas
  • Thought my parents were the dumbest people alive
  • Could not wait to have REAL responsibilities
  • Worked at JRMC on 2NW, which is postpartum/women's surgeries
  • Ran around with Rosjuane as much as possible
  • Was sure the man of my dreams was going to be tall, dark, and handsome

Now, 10 years later.....

  • I still don't think college is for me, although I eventually went for a while
  • I have a wonderful husband, that I have been with since 1998
  • I got married at 20, almost 21
  • I have two kids, but obviously, I didn't get a boy, but that's ok
  • Still live in Arkansas, within minutes of where I grew up
  • Have been enlightened - my parents are actually quite intelligent
  • Responsibilities aren't what I thought they'd be....
  • I am a work from home photographer and a SAHM
  • I still run with Rosjuane as much as I can, and love her more every day
  • The man of my dreams is in fact, tall, dark, and handsome

I didn't exactly do things just right when I was younger. Actually, I pretty much did them all wrong. But the road that brought me to where I am makes me appreciate what I have now, so that's ok too.

I have felt the loss of putting my first love in the ground at only 16. If you think that won't make you wake up and appreciate things, you are crazy. I have made the mistake of being with an abusive boyfriend. So hard to look back and believe I could've ever been that girl everyone talks about being so stupid for taking that crap. I have had the trials and complications of having children immediately upon becoming married, and I have had to overcome two babies fighting to live in the NICU. And what have I learned from that?

That I may be getting "old" but I am healthy.

I may have made mistakes, but I am a good mother, and a good wife.

I don't have a lot of friends, but I would do anything for the ones I love.

It's been a great 29 years......being raised in Wilmar, having the time of my life, with parents that have been married 100 years, and I wouldn't change much at all.

3 comments:

Rosjuane October 8, 2007 at 7:24:00 PM CDT  

Wow you are old!!!!!! But I'm glad to have been there thru alot of it and plan on being there thru alot more!!!!!

Amy October 9, 2007 at 8:24:00 PM CDT  

I recently did something similar about my wedding anniversary... Isn't it funny to look back and see what we THOUGHT was soooo important. I hope to do the same 9 years from now. Too fun!

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP