Friday, July 6, 2007

Why do you love Journey?


Journey goers, here's your chance. Tell me WHY you love Journey. If you want to share your testimony, go ahead. If you want to share something personal, go for it. I really would like to see some encouraging words here especially if you have experienced negative things because of your choice to attend Journey.


POSITIVE WORDS WOULD MEAN THE WORLD TO ME :)

For Mike and I, Journey isn't a choice.
It's a calling.
It's where we belong.
Within ONE Sunday there, we felt Jeff was speaking to us.
Within ONE weeknight bible study, we felt Ryan was speaking to us, telling us to trust God with EVERYTHING.
Within ONE month I got the courage to quit my job, and become the mother I was meant to be.
Within ONE month Jenny Sipes got me to buy a bible that I know read DAILY.
Within TWO months we joined. Within those TWO months my marriage is better. My finanaces are better. My kids are happier.
Within ENTERING the door of Journey we met new friends. Ones that matter deeply to us.
Within ONE month, we watched the huge changes in the lives of the Hales, and have seen them glow when talking about their Alaska mission.
Within TWO months we have seen the Files' become lighthouses to us all by being parents to a child that needed them more than anything.
Within THREE months we attended a church camp like no other. We played with and fellowshipped with our own kids, and with children belonging to others.

Can you say SNOWBALL EFFECT? We are thriving. We are happy. We ARE JOURNEY.

3 comments:

Sugar-n-Spice July 8, 2007 at 1:55:00 PM CDT  

i can't believe i'm the first to answer this post! words just fall short when it comes to the affect journey has had on our lives. it's not really journey, it's god, but so much of the process has come from the transparency of journey's leaders, and their ability to teach god's word, and love on us despite our misfit selves. :) god shines through them, and there is no mistaking who HE is. combine that kind of teaching and discipleship with a couple who was searching for "god's will" and you get an explosion of growth in christ. we've been there now for a little over 3 years, and every sunday it's as if god is sitting in the chair right in front of me, pointing at me with each word coming out of jeff's mouth. he's taught me the importance of not having prechewed food, and my relationship with the lord hasgrown because of it. as a matter of fact, i was telling a good friend just the other day about all the things god has done in my life lately, and how dumbfounded i am by his grace and power. i even said, "so THIS is the god you've loved all this time! i only knew a little tiny piece of him. now i'm so in love, and i was only barely scratching the surface before!"

Jason July 8, 2007 at 6:36:00 PM CDT  

My trip to journey made me believe that God really is out there somewhere and, maybe, just maybe.... he might be interested in what happens to me. Now I am studying and preparing for a return.

T J July 19, 2007 at 12:31:00 AM CDT  

I know this is belated but I am playing catch up. It is 12:30am and so I will make it short. We are so happy to have gotten to know your family. We hope to grow with you in our spiritual journeys. I am so excited to see in what amazing and powerful ways God is going to reveal himself in your lives. We are always there for you. Ask, Knock, Seek

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP