Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Core Values, my sermon sum up

Jeff and Ryan have been covering Core Values. We have been over Glory, Love, and Strategy. Next is Mission.
When they covered Glory and Love, I enjoyed it a lot, but know I would have gotten more out of it if I had taken some reference notes. I am a very visual person. I like charts and graphs and am a hands on learner. Because of this, I decided I better start taking notes, that way, I can jot down the reference verses, try to catch the high points, and then I can go over it all later in the week.
Here's my run down of what I learned; and I challenge you to bring a notebook next week, too, I guarantee you will get something from checking the reference verses out...(I can never look them up as fast as everyone else!)
Below are my study notes. Some of it is just random thoughts, sometimes word for word from Jeff, sometimes my own ideas.
***************************************
Strategy - Why are we doing what were are doing? Is it working? If not, why are we continuing to do the same redundant things?

Strategically organize your life
Discipline
Plan
and DON'T BE AIMLESS

I Col 4:5 "Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity."
Ephesians 5:16 "Making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil."

Use your time wisely. Be effective about how to witness to others

Luke 4:16 Read what Jesus did
Acts 17:2 Read what Paul did
Compare the similarities.

Evidence
Expectation - do something strategic
Freedom - use your gifts however you want, as long as it works
Initiative - get out there and take risks
Guide

Matthew 25:14 - Story of Talents. Don't waste your spiritual gift.

I Cor 9:2 "Even though I many not be an apostle to others, surely I am to you! For you are the seal of my apostleship to the Lord."
*BECOME ALL THINGS TO ALL PEOPLE* Learn to relate to who you are witnessing to, without seeming "holier than thou" so that you are well recieved.
Make the most of every opportunity, at work, at home, with friends, everywhere.

1 comments:

Lou Arnold July 4, 2007 at 6:34:00 PM CDT  

My problem would be initiative. I tend to want to stay behind where it is safe. When I finally take the initiative, I enjoy it the entire time. So initiative is what I will be working on.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP