Thursday, June 21, 2007

blah blah blah more shelley facts

I'm a born again Christian. Saved on Sept 17, 1987. Baptized on the following Sunday.

My husband is a car salesman. He's been selling "things" for the last 11 years. He should've been a politician because he never meets a stranger.

I own two dogs. One is an english mastiff, and one is a cocker spaniel. I also have a nameless fish. Kind of sad to go through life with no name, even if you are only a fish.

I am a 100% type person. I am "all in" or not doing it at all, no matter what it is. I am not a half way chick at all.

I love babies. All sizes. I started babysitting at 12. Although I love babies, I don't want more and am not sad that I cannot have more of my own.

I am an amatuer photographer that is 100% self taught. I love it, when it doesn't seem like a job. When people make it too job-ish for me, I tend to not do my best work. I want it to remain a passion, not an income source.

I took a Spiritual Gifts test at a church once, and my faults are terrible. I won't tell you what they are, incase you have not noticed them all yet.

I love mowing. It is relaxing to me.

I have not quite found my mission in life, other than being a mother. That may be it. But that's ok, cause multitasking, at least in my case, means some job isn't getting 100%, and I would hate to give less than 100% to my kids.

I love watching Prime Time, Larry King, 48 Hours, 60 minutes, and anything true crime. I don't know why I am a crime junkie, but I am.

I am also fascinated with the mob.

Although I blew some scholarships due to being with a terrible excuse for a boyfriend, I don't regret not going to college.

I love the ocean, but rarely get in it. I feel really small and insignificant out there.

I am certified in infant and child CPR. I have performed it once. It was successful. It wasn't one of my kids.

I am a chronic doodler. I write on everything.

I don't have one favorite singer, one favorite band, or one favorite song. I am an avid music lover, which I inherited from my dad.

I never met my grandpa on my dad's side. He died when my brother was a baby. He was an alcoholic, and abusive. I didn't know that until last year.

I am a huge "House" fan. I love Hugh Laurie's bluntness.

I have no jealousy issues. I can truly be happy for others without wanting what they have. I have found that that is one of my most valuable traits.

I would like to see Paris with Rosjuane. Not with my husband, but with her. I don't think he'd appreciate it like she would.

I went to Disneyworld when Jordan was 2. It isn't for me. I mean, I liked it ok, but I needed a vacation to GET OVER my vacation!

I like the smell of coffee but I won't drink it. I also don't make it, because I don't know what it should taste like!

I was an emotional wreck when I met my husband. I am glad he accepted damaged goods.

I drink too much dr pepper. I only drink water when I mow.

I love horses, but don't want another one.

Our horse, Dandy, once stepped on me and ran me over like a rag doll. Jordan freaked out. Our 220 lb dog Rufus, ran over me once and knocked me out, Karsyn freaked out. What's the deal with me and out animals?

I believe that marriage is hard work. I also am pretty much anti divorce except in extreme situations.

I had no epidurals when my kids were born. I don't reccomend doing that. (It wasn't elective)

I can't play Solitaire.

I don't like video games.

I am a picky eater. So are my kids.

My kids are horrible in the car. But they never have to stop and potty. So you take the good with the bad, huh?

I love the praise band at church. Especially when Ronny is so into it his eyes are closed and Brandy is swaying. We may not be a big church, but our band rocks.

I don't like it when people try to massage my shoulders.

I do like hugs.

I got my first kiss from my husband under the Saline River bridge. How romantic.....gag

I loved teaching bibleschool

I miss church camp! And we didn't go to "nice" ones, either. We went to Wolf Creek. Recreation =pond. Swim or fish. WOO HOO! And it was awesome.

I had a hysterectomy at 23. It was not elective, but I do not regret it.

My first love, Gage, died in a farming accident when he was 17. It's the hardest thing I have ever experienced.

I am glad that my husband respects the fact that Gage's family still loves me and hugs me and cry when they see me.

I am thankful that I married a very stable, practical man with strong family values.

I've learned that life doesn't always turn out the way you expected it to. I thought I would have a boy and a girl, and I would be a tattoo artist. Who knew???

I know what true love is.

I rarely ever cry. That does not mean I am emotionless.

I am a talker, but like to think that I know when to shut up.

My favorite all time classes in school were Creative Writing (Mrs Mathneny) and Debate/Drama/Speech (D. Ashcraft). Makes sense since I love to talk and argue.

I was the "Beauty" runnerup in the yearbook. Who would've thought I would place in that? Not me, I didn't even stand when they called my name cause I wasn't even listening.

I have little feet. Means I can buy kid Nikes, which are cheaper.

I would like to visit Austrailia, Hawaii, Fortuna CA, Wyoming MI, Jamaica, and Fiji

I love my friends kids.

I have gained 6-8 lbs in the last year. Time to break that trend.

I love my parents, and could go over there every day. Big difference from when I was a teenager and wanted out of there soooo bad, or so I thought.

I am glad I grew up in a small town of 747 people. It makes me mad when people comment on it being an all black town. I am not allergic to black people, so it was perfectly ok.

I have two friends that should go on "Last Comic Standing." Kacy and Dana. They make me laugh till I hurt.

I have been informed many times that I look too young to be with my husband. It is irritating and my response isn't a very Christian one.

I have had my heart broken. I have made bad decisions. But it makes me value the right ones more.

I have been asked more than 5 times if I had my "lips done." What???

In 6 weeks at UAMS, I had 31 IV start kits used on me. Talk about raggedy veins. I hate being in the hospital and will avoid it at all costs.

People that don't take care of themselves when pregnant infuriate me.

I have never prayed for anything (other than my own kids in the NICU) as much as I have for a little blonde headed rascal lovingly known as blessing.

I had 11 new vehicles from age 15-18. Can you say s-p-o-i-l-e-d?

Can you tell I used to always do the bulletins on myspace, haha????
This list took me alot longer than I thought it would.

6 comments:

Sugar-n-Spice June 21, 2007 at 1:23:00 PM CDT  

i love learning so much about you. but at the moment i'm in tears. knowing you have been on your knees for my blessing makes the encouragement/foresight you've had mean even more. it also ties us together....in case you haven't already noticed, i can certainly be an introvert, and i often feel awkward in social situations....completely unlike you! :) i love that about you, and love that we are sharing in lifting this blessing to her father. remind me to talk to ya at camp 'bout it...maybe i can do it without crying, but this is the time to be praying!!!!!

and do i sway? really? i don't like the new set-up...used to i could hide and we were to everyone's side...now we're front and center and they've got me on that platform. yuck!

K.T. is Mommatude June 21, 2007 at 2:42:00 PM CDT  

Brandy-I liked watching you sway as well....what a pure moment that is.

Shelley-Always learning new things about you.Love it!!!

Lou Arnold June 21, 2007 at 4:47:00 PM CDT  

Sometimes I wonder if we are long lost sisters. We have so much in common.

The true crime, smell of coffee but don't drink it, sitting on one foot when you sit down, etc.

Sarah Albin June 21, 2007 at 8:26:00 PM CDT  

You are welcome in Fortuna any time!!

Shelley June 21, 2007 at 8:49:00 PM CDT  

awww, Lou's my long lost sister, I love it!
Someone else with my weird quirks :)

Rosjuane June 22, 2007 at 2:28:00 PM CDT  

Oh yeah we are going to Paris!!!!! We may be in wheel chairs, but I bet they got handicapp parking in France. I'm starting my fund now!! But I have to save like $10000 so I can buy all the cute clothes that will take 4yrs (after the fact) to hit Arkansas. And I want to go to every tourist site and eat fancy french food.

And we so have to find some REALLY HOT French guy to be our guide. LOOK BUT DON'T TOUCH!! (LOOOK ALLOOTT!)

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP