Monday, December 28, 2009

my Christmas

Well. To say it started off badly is quite the understatement. My husband got the call on the morning of Dec 23rd letting him know that his best friend, Michael Taylor, had been murdered. It was an act of violence caused by his wife, who shot him twice. It's been a very hard situation for my husband, and although he has tried hard to keep his game face on for everyone, I know how broken he really is. Please pray for Mike Taylor's family; especially the three daughters he left behind. We will be leaving for Memphis soon, so also pray that we have a safe trip.
Now that I have that part out of the way, here's the rest of the holiday story for me:
DEC09 003
Michael came home at lunch on Christmas eve. We watched Jerry Maguire and Blake and I worked on her Michael's Christmas gift. (They elected to not spend money, but to instead "make" something or do something personal) We had a good time, and both the Burns' were happy with the other person's efforts. I loved it :)
DEC09 004
We had pizza and drug out the scrapbook supplies and got to work. Afterwards I had Michael go ahead and open his gift, which was a wii.
Dad & the Wii
He is very much a gamer so he liked it a lot. I also got him a hunting game which he is already obsessed with... I knew better than to buy this thing, dangit. My gift was a really fun suprise. Well. Part of it was. The rest I kinda knew about... but anyway, he brought me in a massive box to open. Inside was three individually wrapped things.. One was a stuffed weenie dog. (I always say I want another weenie dog!).. one was my favorite candy (runts and nerds) and the last was a pair of earrings inside a KFC Chicken bucket... (That's where I met him.) It also had a perfect card with it. It's pretty much a given that he will never top that. He also got me a really cute dress and some black uggs. I love everything I got.
I didn't take a camera to Michael's side's get together, and I didn't take it to Mrs. Melba's either. Not sure why I did that! Kennedie and Kadie weren't there long, but I did get a big ol' hug from Kenn at the door, telling me all about her "fancy" boots. I love her :) She's my favorite.. shhh, don't tell.
DEC09 048 copy
I didn't upload any pics from Christmas morning yet. This one is from my mom's house. The girls got a lot of art supplies, stuffed animals, and ds games. (They got ds's from Santa) They "got" the least ammount of gifts they have ever receieved at Christmas time this year; we didn't have the cash to do a ton of Santa, & we didn't exchange on Michael's side this year. I was pretty concerned about that, but the girls didn't seem to mind at all, and I was glad. They both got more Uggs and think they are something else in them. I know some people think it's crazy but it's just something I don't mind doing. Some people spend a ton on toys; my kids prefer stuff like that.
DEC09 093 copy
I'm not sure who likes Jordan's Mario Bros ds game better, her, or her daddy.
DEC09 075 copy
DEC09 098
Sarah sang us her songs from her church Christmas program. She was a little under the weather but didn't let it slow her down. I love that she is such an outgoing little kid!
Uncle Lance
Karsyn's stuffed animals were actually puppets, and as you can see she enjoyed playing with them with my brother. She and Sarah videod some skits, too. I'm glad they play together so well.
It was a really good Christmas overall; my daddy is feeling pretty well (he has some kinda of cold-ish stuff) and we all got to see one another. Can't really ask for more, can I?

5 comments:

Kasey December 28, 2009 at 1:08:00 PM CST  

So sorry to hear about Michael's friend. Such a sad thing. Ill be praying for his family. Glad to hear you had a great Christmas!

Debbi December 28, 2009 at 1:29:00 PM CST  

I think that is so sad about his friend, I've been reading your updates on FB about it. I hope things get better. My husband and I both agreed there can only be better Christmas here on out, this one wasn't a good one for us either. I am trying really hard not to complain though and just enjoy the season and what it is truly about. Your pictures are great and it looks like your girls had a GREAT time!

Small Town Girl December 28, 2009 at 3:54:00 PM CST  

I am so glad you all had a great Christmas. And I hate to hear about your husbands friend.Your girls are growing up so fast from the time I started reading your blog to now I have seen the grow into such beautiful young ladies. They are as cute as a button.. I always love to see your new phots you have taken. Merry Christmas to you and your family even though this is a little late. Can't wait to see more pictures to come. Hope you all have a Happy New Year!

Lou Arnold December 29, 2009 at 8:54:00 AM CST  

Glad to hear you had a great Christmas. Have a safe trip to Memphis. We are praying for the Taylor family.

dean December 30, 2009 at 11:51:00 PM CST  

late to this party! i'm trying to get back in the habit of reading blogs again (in hopes that i'll want to get back in the habit or WRITING on mine)... glad you guys had a good christmas!

i'll be sure to keep the taylor family in prayer in the weeks to come...

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP