Thursday, May 28, 2009

How to help Kristina

repost from Raye:

Prayer is awesome...Prayer is appreciated...BUT...
for those close to her, please consider doing MORE. I know people are asking what else they can do. Kristina is a very humble and giving person and would never ask for specific things, and so my email is necessary.

Kristina has been a stay at home mother for 7 years and does not have disability to fall back on. Surgery, chemo, appointments all add up even with insurance.

-She cannot pick up or lift her kids for many weeks b/c of the surgery.
-She cannot work.
-She cannot cook for her family when her chemo treatments begin.

The following would be wonderful for both her and her girls:
1. Ready made meals for the freezer - homemade or store bought from restaurants like "Blue Plate" on Old Greenwood Road in Fort Smith.

2. Gift cards to Walmart or Target, etc.

3. Monetary donations

4. Take the girls out for her to have some down time (even if it is just for an hour)

5. Anything else you can think of...

You have to be PROACTIVE. People in need do NOT call you asking for help even when they are at rock bottom. Phrases like "I'm there...I'm a phone call away" are nice but have no use. Please help.

For those wanting more info on how to get the cards or food to Kristina, my contact information is below:

Raye (Rachel) Law
3014 West Main
Charleston, AR 72933
cell: 479-965-6224

2 comments:

Giggles and Grins Clothing May 28, 2009 at 1:11:00 PM CDT  

This is so true! Even when things with Daddy were bad, we never asked for help, but we always accepted the "let me pick up Allie" or "let me do a meal" or something. I'll definately be doing something to help.

karen May 29, 2009 at 3:30:00 PM CDT  

Thanks for all the info. Though I'm many miles away, I will try to do something for her in addition to sending cards and praying for her.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP