Friday, April 10, 2009

I saw something

on a friend's page that I just totally stole. I can't resist sharing it. For those that know Kasey Smith, she is where I got it.


Very seldom in life will you find someone who will accept you: All that you were, all that you are, and all that you will be...All of your faults, all of your shortcomings, all of your failures; both past and present...Therefore, it is important that when you find them; you appreciate them, love them, and be there when they need you.


So, although there are a lot of people that I owe gratitude to, I want to take a minute in this post and say, THANK YOU very much to my friends that have supported me through my dad's second battle with cancer. It's probably not a good idea to name names, but I am going to. I would have to write a million of them if I truly covered them all, but I want to at least recognize those that stand out to me on an almost daily basis.
So thank you: Jill Bodiford, Blake Burns, Michael Burns, Dana & Ben Hines, Ronny & Brandi Williams, TJ & Brandy Files, Dean Cirelli, Karen Albin, ALL my bloggy friends, Lou Arnold, Stacy Fisackerly Usry, Jeremy & Heather Moore, Amber Oltmann, Rosjuane Stevens, Maury Draper, Melanie Evans, Melinda Loveless, Ashley Hawkins, every former Burlington employee that emails me or him(especially Anissa Jo!), & many more unnamed people that I somehow didn't think to list. All the people's names I threw out there have done anything from: keep my kids, pick my kids up from school, call and check on my daddy, send him flowers, cards, emails..., text me to check on him, and most importantly, PRAYED. All your efforts are greatly appreciated in a way that I could never express enough gratitude for. We have been blessed with prayer chains that have stretched all over the world. Taking people for granted when you are dealing with something so serious is not something I would ever want to do, and I hope you all know how much you mean to me, whether I stupidly missed your name or not.

AND THANK THE LORD FOR THE GIFTED PHYSICIANS AND MEDICAL STAFF AT THE VA IN LITTLE ROCK AND IN JACKSON MISSISSIPPI.

2 comments:

karen April 11, 2009 at 10:07:00 PM CDT  

PTL that so many people continue to keep your Daddy and your Mom in prayer. I know that your Mom needs strength too as she walks with him daily during his illness. Enjoy a wonderful Easter!

Sugar-n-Spice April 13, 2009 at 10:48:00 AM CDT  

well, thanks to you, too. it's not like you haven't kept kids or found support for me (lisa) or prayed for us, or encouraged me.... and the list goes on and on. we love you guys! ;)

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP