Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Michael!

Today is Michael's birthday. He is 39. He doesn't really like me advertising that, but since he doesn't even know how to locate my blog, I am not too worried.... He is not into computers (or reading) in the least! What he is into, thank goodness, is his family. He works really long hours, 6 days a week, but when he is off work, 99% of the time, he is all ours. I am so glad I married someone like that. I don't have to share him with 10 hobbies, (or the bar), or pry him off the couch to make him do stuff, and I love that.
family
Not to say that he has not got hobbies, because he does. He loves the outdoors. (Glad for that because I do, too) He loves to work out, and he loves loves loves to armwrestle. He's been a competitive armwrestler since 1989. He has several amatuer state titles, from Arkansas and Louisiana. I go with him to all the tournaments, and it makes for some time together well spent because I love our armwrestling "family" of friends. He loves to hunt as well, but most all of his time doing that involves one or both kids. I feel sorry for him about that sometimes, since he never gets to hunt alone in total silence, but that's the way he likes it. I am so blessed by this man and his love for our children. He has been a diaper changing, bottle making, getting up at night, rocking sick babies daddy from day one. I have never once in my life asked him to "babysit" for me. He doesn't see it that way, and I know that it is rare to find a man like that. He has never needed "directions" on how to father them, even as infants.

4Wheeler 047He is a huge spiritual influence on my household. He is the calm in the storm. (Guess who the storm is?) I am so thankful for this prayer led man... and for his patience and dedication in leading my girls to Christ. He works so hard on that daily, and I couldn't have a better head of my household.
group11_4x6I am thankful for his love of my family. He never complains about going over there, and I know he feels at home. Thank goodness when I brought him home the first time, my parents didn't have a stroke... because he has been mine since I was 19; and he was 28. I think they knew a good one when they saw him. I know I did!
hunt 004 We have spent a lot of birthdays together. Eleven consistent ones; which is a huge deal to me. Eleven straight years with one person is a long time when it comes to my age group of friends! We have seen so many couples come and go, or take long breaks and then make up... That's why I stress "straight" years, because when you break up, and start over, there were reasons why. There was doubt, or there was problems...or you were too young to even call it a real relationship. You can't add two years here, then break up for a year, then get back together, be together for a couple, and still call it "five years." Sorry, that's not how I believe it goes. I have had no doubt about this man since the day (actually, night, that I met him) and I love that. I am so glad it CLICKED, finally! We both made bad decisions in the past, that's for sure.
Shelley's Birthday 004 We celebrated his birthday this Saturday with good friends. Some of which I have literally been friends with for over 20 years... man I am getting old too! If you want to call or text him happy birthday (OR BUY A CAR FROM HIM!) it's 870-460-5557!

6 comments:

Sarah Albin April 14, 2009 at 8:01:00 AM CDT  

Tell him I said Happy Birthday! Hope he has a great day!!

PS. I miss chatting with you... let's do it soon!!

Anonymous,  April 14, 2009 at 9:53:00 AM CDT  

That was one of the sweetest posts ever.And you are right about marriages and our age category,you are just about the only other person I know who has been married as long as hubby and I have.Were we married the same year,I think so but not sure-LOL.

Happy Birthday to him.Tell him I said 39 is not so bad,he does NOT look 39.

Jaime April 14, 2009 at 10:58:00 AM CDT  

Tell him I said HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Jenny Sipes April 14, 2009 at 11:21:00 AM CDT  

Happy Birthday Mike Smith. Hope he has a great day.

karen April 14, 2009 at 1:10:00 PM CDT  

What a wonderful tribute to your loving Christian husband! God is good! May you have many more happy continuous years together!

dean April 15, 2009 at 12:45:00 AM CDT  

39... yeh, i'll trade with him! technically, i didn't think watching your own kids could be referred to as "babysitting" and anybody that DOES think of taking care of their own kids as "babysitting" maybe doesn't deserve the title "daddy."

happy birthday (belated, since it's past midnight now) mike! and many more to come...

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP