Monday, December 15, 2008

what?

Ok, so everyone knows I do use this blog to gripe, so prepare yourself. I got a good one for ya....

I called in an order to Huddle House this morning to go. I ordered a small dr pepper. I was then informed that they cannot sell adults anything but large drinks....smalls are for children. Well, there's really no way to know WHO my to go order is for, so this makes no sense. I think it is CRAZY that they are doing this. If it's "to go" then I should've been allowed to get a small, since I wasn't going to get 10 refills. And I think I should be able to eat there, in the restaurant, and get a small as well, and they should just say "no refills" if that is the issue.

I emailed the email address on the Huddle House website to complain. I will let everyone know what they say. I eat there at least once a week, but that WILL change if I can't get a coke for less than $2.29.

7 comments:

Piece of Cake December 15, 2008 at 4:21:00 PM CST  

I think restaurants should have two prices for drinks. One price for to go drinks and one price for unlimited refills. That's crazy.

Michele December 15, 2008 at 4:45:00 PM CST  

OMG Shelley...that's crazy. Please post if you get a response!

Hugz,
Michele

Anonymous,  December 15, 2008 at 4:52:00 PM CST  

Umm yeah,that IS ridiculous.

ash December 15, 2008 at 5:10:00 PM CST  

that is crazy! Drinks are very over priced everywhere!let us know what happens

Travis or P.T. December 16, 2008 at 8:03:00 AM CST  

I agree... I hate it when they won't even let you order off of the child's menu. You're supposed to be paying for an "amount" of food or beverage... not how old you are. What if I only want one small cheeseburger rather than a gigantic double burger? For me decisions like that are simple... I just give somewhere else my business and give them all the bad advertisement I can through word of mouth. And like you, I do try to let them know why I won't be frequenting their establishment again.

Sarah Albin December 16, 2008 at 11:18:00 AM CST  

I think I would've just told them it was for my kid.

dean December 19, 2008 at 2:53:00 AM CST  

the profit margin on a fountain drink is so insanely high, there's no way they'd ever lose money on any size.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP