Tuesday, December 2, 2008

to the honking lady

OK, here's an open letter to that CRAZY woman that just honked at me thirty times in 2 minutes:

I did NOT cut in front of you, and I did NOT break in line. As you can see from the FLOW OF ALL THE OTHER PARENTS, we ROTATE and it goes like this: One car turns in from the direction of the overpass, then one turns in from the direction of MES. It is NOT rocket science. Every once in a while, there's someone new there that doesn't know the drill, and that is understandable. YOU, on the other hand, are there daily, and NEVER let anyone in from the MES side. Do you understand that if EVERYONE did that, that no one in the flowing traffic would ever get to turn in, since it's backed up for a mile on the overpass side? Taking turns is something we learned in kindergarten....maybe you were absent that day. They send home notes at school enforcing this method of picking kids up.

If you don't know what I am talking about, you aren't the parent of a car rider!!! I could not get turned in, off the highway today, because three people didn't let me go when it was my turn. I finally (on the phone with Rosjuane) said forget it, I am going this time, and she will just have to run over me if she doesn't like it, cause it is BEYOND my turn. Well, she didn't like it. So she honked. And honked. And honked some more. But would not roll down her window so I could say, "it was my turn." I wasn't being mean, I swear. I wasn't going to have a meltdown at the school. But she would not listen. She just pointed and screamed through the windshield.... Oh well. I STILL GOT IN THE LINE, so HA HA.

6 comments:

Jaime December 2, 2008 at 5:39:00 PM CST  

HAHAHAHAHA....that's funny. Dont' you hate when people don't take turns...

dean December 2, 2008 at 9:35:00 PM CST  

in new jersey we called it the alternate merge... it was mainly for letting people onto the highway at the on-ramp during heavy traffic, but it should be law everywhere if you ask me.

Rosjuane December 2, 2008 at 10:00:00 PM CST  

I thought you understood that kind of stuff. I mean at a 4 way they don't just all go at one time or the side that has the most all goes.....

Anonymous,  December 3, 2008 at 1:38:00 AM CST  

I dont miss the horrible school traffic.

Anissa Jo December 3, 2008 at 11:30:00 AM CST  

the other morning I came down behind TOPPS and was at the stop sign with a line of cars at the light --- when the light turned red cars still backed up to the road I was on so I waited thinking I'd move out behind them when they start moving --- this LADY two cars back came out and around the other car & me to get in the line of traffic waiting at the light - GUESS she figured I wasn't going to go when it was my turn - She had to wait right in front of me for almost the entire light and the person that pulled up behind her let me go after her. HA HA! I JUST LAUGHED at her the whole time she was sitting there all CROOKED in that line like she was in so much more of a hurry than me. People are just nuts!

Jenny December 3, 2008 at 7:42:00 PM CST  

Haha! This is hilarious! I'm a teacher and I witness first hand the "kid pick up road rage"!! I've been screamed at a few times through some windshields for making parents wait on busses. I always just say a little prayer for the poor kiddos who are about to get in those cars.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP