Friday, December 26, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

it's that time again...... What are you putting on your list?

Here's mine:

  • I am going to try to stop yelling at my kids........ this will be really hard. I have improved a lot on this already, but I need to eliminate it all together.
  • I am not cutting my hair. At least not significantly. I will get trims as needed, but I am going to try out long hair again for the first time in a long time. This is not a very important resolution to me though, so I may bail out soon :) Who knows.
  • I am going to lay off the tanning bed as much as I can stand it. I love to tan. I don't usually tan anytime other than after March, through until I get a real tan on the softball field, but I have gone to the tanning bed in the winter before, and I don't plan on doing that anymore. I have no interest in prematurely aging, or getting cancer!
  • I am going to find where I need to be, as far as a home church. We once never missed one Sunday for 10 straight months.... and I miss that routine. And fellowship. And friendship.
  • I am going to let annoying people's actions roll off my back more easily. I am sure I will still vent about some of it, but I am going to learn to laugh it off. Even if it kills me.
  • I am going to be more picky about the photography work I take on. If my heart is not in it, I am turning it down. I have been blessed with a great husband who works hard to pay the bills, and for now, anyway, I am not financially required to work, so I want to only take on shoots that are within my niche.
  • I am going to get a babysitter more often and enjoy time with my husband kid-free! We have never done much without our kids, and I don't plan to make a habit of it, but I do want to at least go to more movies, more dinners, and just spend time with him without the girls. Once a month will work just fine.
  • I am going to try and clean up my terrible diet. I don't eat a lot, but what I eat is......well.....it's pretty much crap.

So I realize my list isn't anything over the top.....but I am a realist. I try not to set myself up to fail!

What're YOU gonna do?

7 comments:

Kelsey December 26, 2008 at 10:38:00 PM CST  

Great resolutions!

I have no idea what I'm going to do for my own. Your last one pretty much hits the nail on the head.

Jennifer December 26, 2008 at 11:15:00 PM CST  

Mine is to lose weight and pay my bills on time!

Anonymous,  December 27, 2008 at 2:30:00 AM CST  

I am going to try to be more organized,although I wont say its a "new years" resolution that dooms me to fail,lol.Ill just call it my in general resolution.

Drea December 27, 2008 at 7:01:00 AM CST  

owww i think ud be beautiful with really long hair. im growing mine out 2.. after this last cut i decided it was time to go long again. plus if i get preggo next year i want to have it longer so my face doesnt look around once i gain all that weight HAH

the tanning bed thing sounds like a good thing 2.. they are awful for us... u look great white lol u dont need to tan at all.

Cassie Burke December 27, 2008 at 11:03:00 AM CST  

I don't make new years resolutions.I do,however,make changes all the time throughout the year to better me,my home,and kids.

Elaina Weaver December 27, 2008 at 11:28:00 AM CST  

I have been reading your blog lately. I just wanted to invite you to church. If you are anywhere near the North Little Rock area, you should come check out Journey Church. It is a new church that you can check out at discoverjourneychurch.com

Piece of Cake December 29, 2008 at 9:01:00 AM CST  

I know how you feel about not taking on jobs that are not in your niche. When you do jobs that you're heart is not in then it takes all the fun out of the hobby. It makes it more like a job instead of a hobby. I already have a job, I do cakes because it's fun (or it should be anyway).

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP