Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Me & My Girls

Me & My Girls
I have always done my own family pictures. It's quite a challenge. There are a lot of different issues that make it hard:
  1. Using a remote that doesn't work from very far with an 85mm lens
  2. Not knowing what faces my kids were making (see K above)
  3. Making sure no one looks squished or out of place
  4. Having to use my rebel and not my 40D, since I have no remote for it
  5. Using manual settings without holding the camera, meaning I set them and hope my light doesn't change, and that no one moves out of focus (see above, K is not as sharp as J and I)
  6. Arranging people with such a short focal length, especially when Dad's in them too
  7. Not knowing things that my photographer would tell me, if that didn't happen to be ME, like "you have a big curl in your hair...see above....


KIDS 023 copy

Or having one eye in the shade......like I do here.... Having to compensate for not one, not two, but three (if dad is here) sets of brown eyes which are the very hardest to get catchlights in. Blue eyes are very very easy. My eyes always have them.

I was just playing around today, checking out some new areas in my yard that I haven't ever gotten to try. Sometime this week, I will work on my "real" ones. I will let you know how it goes. This trial run left a lot to be desired. But it always does. I am a little picky :)

6 comments:

ash November 4, 2008 at 5:07:00 PM CST  

i know there not perfect like you like them...but they are very cute!!! your girls are very pretty and they have grown up a lot this school year....

Blake November 4, 2008 at 6:44:00 PM CST  

I told you I would take them...lol

Mom of these kids November 4, 2008 at 9:42:00 PM CST  

Yep...all those reasons it is hard to take your own family photo...which we always do ourselves too...only Clay gives us about 2 tries total, and that is IT!

I have been trying to talk him into getting a photographer to do our family photo for us this year, and he said the only way he will be in a photo is if it is with a tripod, and him taking it. So....good luck to us with that! LOL I don't know if we will make it any further than our backyard, and I SO want some fall leaves. Those look pretty in yours!!

I really like that first one of you and the girls. I never even noticed that curl until you pointed it out.

Jennifer November 4, 2008 at 10:38:00 PM CST  

I wish K was smiling like she was in the 2nd one, in the first one and it would be great to me (minus your curl..lol) Still pretty good...you can't always have perfect Shelley! lol!!

Anonymous,  November 6, 2008 at 12:54:00 AM CST  

I think they are really good as well,to my naked eye anyhow. ;)

Drea November 6, 2008 at 12:39:00 PM CST  

I think those are beautiful photos! I ordered a remote this week.. guess how much :-) 3.50! hahaha! I'll see if it was work my 4 bucks.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP