Monday, November 24, 2008

frustrated

I have a great family practice dr.



My kids are rarely ill. Because of this, I have overlooked the fact that my doctor's office is waaaay too busy. Today, I had to take K to the dr with a horrible earache. When I called, I made that clear to the receptionist. She said I would not have to wait long at all, and to come right in. One hour and forty five minutes later, I carried my crying, sleepy 7 year old to the car and left, after I was told that there was SIX more people in front of me. Sorry, but that is NOT "right in" at all. I KNOW they are busy. I know waiting is to be expected. But when I have a child that's practically as tall as me sprawled out on me, across two chairs, sobbing until she falls asleep, I do think I should be pushed to the front before 2 hours go by. I know why it's so busy in there; it's because he is a great dr, and there are limited OB docs close. But, that's not helping me any! I have been seeing that dr since K was 2 months old, and he treated her for pnuemonia, the day after Thanksgiving. His office wasn't even open, but I didn't know that, and I called. He answered, and said bring her in right now. Obviously he's a dedicated physician to do such things. I do value that, and I value his time. But when my kid is sick.... I cannot deal with waiting that long. EVERY TIME YOU GO. UGH. I wish everyone in town didn't like that dr as much as I do. When we started going, you could get in and out within 30 minutes, and he had one wall of files. Now, there's a MASSIVE ammount of them.

So, I leave my dr's office, and call my friend, A, that works for another dr in town. We walk in the door, and another friend's mom is a nurse there that knows me. She comes to the waiting area, and immediately begins bloodwork and vitals. We quickly find out from the dr that K has a ruptured ear drum, and an ear infection. I was outta there very fast. I was seen in front of other patients that were not as ill as my child. It was GREAT. I know that this cannot happen all the time, at any dr's office. But sometimes, it sure is nice to know people, isn't it?

5 comments:

Anonymous,  November 24, 2008 at 5:37:00 PM CST  

yeah I dont like that about Dr Rs office either,especially when I had active bleeding-I kept thinking I will sit here and miscarry waiting for me to be seen.PTL,I never did.I have called him at home many times though,with his permission of course,when I just wasnt sure.He will be stopping OB soon too,and it wont be as bad.

None of our fam has the same doc.Lovely K has one that,although not so popular,has been great for her."She" discovered quite a few health problems that other docs had overlooked,(that was before Dr R was back.)We can always get into her office anytime,so we just love her-

I know how those busted ear drums with infections go,Ky Ky has issues with that.I hope the meds work quickly and all will be well for K soon!

Shelley November 24, 2008 at 6:21:00 PM CST  

KT, that dr we saw today is a "she" and I was quite pleased with her.

Jaime November 24, 2008 at 7:14:00 PM CST  

I work in a doctor's office...and let me tell you...If I was the nurse working with that doctor...I would have brought you back way sooner...especially if she was in that much pain. Poor dear....I am sorry you have a bad experience.

I do know that some of our doctors run behind ALOT!! But I am one that keeps them on track...hehe So I try not to let it happen unless there is an emergency with one of the patients that is unexpected while they are there.

I hope K feels better soon! HUGS

♥ JaYmE ♥ November 25, 2008 at 8:05:00 AM CST  

I'm finally here, and I can't find KT's blog???
How's the baybay? Is she feeling better?

Tracie Jones November 25, 2008 at 3:51:00 PM CST  

This is why I carry my kids to PB to the pediatrion. I can be in and out in 30 minutes.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP